Arsène Wenger

Someone should remember him how it finished his only managerial career :hipster:

He’s lost his chi.

Honestly. Him leaving Arsenal is actually awful. Results or not he is as much a fan as any of us and he is no doubt just as frustrated that he can’t achieve what we want.

All signs point towards him leaving and if things do not change, it will not be pretty. Feel like hes a part of my own bloody family let alone the arsenal one. But please sir; leave with dignity and with your head held high. There is no greater servant to the club, and there is only one Arsene Wenger.

3 Likes

is it though

results or not… as in, ignoring results.

I’m still backing him to stay another 2 years, he’s had plenty of time during this shambolic run of form to announce his departure to ease some tension and pressure. He will point out how it’s a " unique run of results when he signs " and " look at Arsenal’s whole history finishing top 4 ?, I’ve missed it only once"

1 Like

6th is the new 4th

1 Like

" I’ve never failed to qualify for a European competition "

3 Likes

Just spat out my coffee :joy:

1 Like

The cunts never won a European trophy either AussieG

2 Likes

I think it was @Craigie who said it… but there was a time when Wenger could get decent performances out of the likes of Denilson. Right now he can’t get a decent performance from decent players and that says a lot about how far he has fallen right now.

5 Likes

You guys are all fucked if you think Wenger would announce his departure at the Hawthorns immediately after a bad loss.

When he tells everyone, it’ll be after a good game, on his terms, at the Emirates surrounded by journos the club and Wenger like and trust.

2 Likes

He’s reached a decision and is now just making everyone sweat. I wanted to like him again but as time goes on I really just resent the guy.

1 Like

So only John Cross.

It’s the Sunday Express, so obvious bullshit, but thought it would be interesting to see what people’s view are on this if it were true (highly unlikely ofcourse).

Wenger, 67, was offered a two-year deal earlier in the season – but The Sunday Express understands he has reached a compromise to stay on for one more year. He is reluctant to go after 21 years, despite suffering six defeats in the last nine games.

Juventus boss Max Allegri had agreed to take over if Wenger decided to stand down when his contract runs out in summer.

I don’t think he wants to leave the club in this state. That’s the only thing that convinces me that he might stay.

2 Likes

What does he think he is going to achieve in another season?
He has no more excuses.
He can’t blame injuries, or a lack of money, and everyone is fed up with him blaming refereeing decisions.

He has a team full of experienced international players.
There are no youth players, or players with potential that are going to make us a title winning team.
All the young potentially world class players are all grown up like Walcott, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Welbeck, Wilshere, Gibbs etc and, although he insists they are good enough, they clearly aren’t.

He is going to leave us with a squad that needs a complete overhaul.

If he signs another contract, all that will happen is he will drag us down even further and we will be left with the same under whelming players, the best players will leave and he still won’t buy a striker or any world class players.

I can’t think of any reason why he should be given a new contract because he has proved that, far from winning the PL or CL, we are more likely to be out of the top four and playing Europa League football, which means not only will we not be able to keep our best players, it will be difficult to attract any.

1 Like

So I see this morning that 29 people have voted and it’s 66% think he will Go and 34% he will Stay.

Bit surprised, I thought it might be the reverse of that, but I guess many people are just seeing what I’m seeing right now.

The other debate is his reasons for delaying the decision: pure ego-driven selfishness from the man? does he enjoy the attention? Or is it more a selfLess act, i.e. trying to keep at least a steady ship for the benefit of the players until the season end

So why did he made that announcement yesterday? It can only be because he has finally realized his time is up.

He likes playing games…