Arsène Wenger

Just cause Aaron Ramsey had an insane 6 month period doesn’t make him any good. But alas be a prisoner of the moment if you insist.

Where did I say if you have a good 6 month period your good ? I said Luiz has bene quality for a few years now.

Am I the only person in the Arsenal Universe to notice that we all talking about the same things in 2016-17 that we’ve been talking about for the last 8 or 10 years.
Defence, midfield, striker, motivation, 70 th minute sub’s, coaches, Wenger, board.
It’s just another season with our same los problems.
Happy New year to all you Gooners. Hope this year is better than last year.

5 Likes

Exactly.
Yet, amazingly, some supporters still think he can do no wrong, although there aren’t so many.

I think this season is different, I’m not sure we will be top four, so Wenger, and his supporters, are going to have to invent a whole new series of excuses.

5 Likes

That’s because he has 2 centre backs doing the defensive work for him. He’s very good on the ball for a defender but very error prone. Conte’s engineered a system that works and hides his weaknesses.

1 Like

**[quote=“arsenescoatmaker, post:2960, topic:125”]
Conte’s engineered a system that works and hides his weaknesses.
[/quote]

Which is exactly what Wenger struggles to do and has done for years with our players.

1 Like

Yeah so imagine david luiz playing for us he’s so shit he’d be enemy number one for you lot :joy:

1 Like

Nah that would still be Wenger.

Yeah but he’s mistake prone. Why I say Kosh and Mustafi are much better.

To be fair, conte’s system is either the greatest in all of world football, or in a purple patch.

Im inclined to think its the latter and would imagine cracks, hopefully even chasms will soon appear.

Wenger has got a crazy amount of examples for players performing out of their skin or above their level. Even you must realise that?

2 Likes

Len,

I think this season (or next if he/Sanchez/Ozil stay) will be the defining season for Wenger’s legacy.

After all these years using the stadium loan as excuse and not (able) to buy players, we spent quite a fortune on Ozil, Sanchez, and this season Mustafi/Xhaka/Perez. This is possibly the best squad that Wenger had for a decade.
Cech - Bellerin - Mustafi - Kos - Monreal - Xhaka - Coq/Santi - Iwobi/Ox/Theo/Welbeck - Ozil - Sanchez/Perez - Sanchez/Giroud.
We have one of the best squad, best lineup in the league.

If we still can’t win, sorry, fuck all the excuses.

2 Likes

In no world is Mustafi twice the player Luiz is. Its just another Arsenal bias view of yours.

2 Likes

Ok let me explain this to you again. When I say “there’s more than one way to skin a cat”, that doesn’t literally mean I hunt cats and find infinite ways of harvesting their hides. It’s an expression, a metaphor. Same as saying someone is twice the player, besides there’s no way to quantify whether or not someone is twice the player anyways.

3 Likes

There will never be a defining moment in W engers future at this club Ronniec.
How can anyone define top 4 at BEST as anything other than mediocre.
Where do we go if we fail to get our customary top 4 this season?
Instead of building for the last few years I see nothing but panic buying for our forseeable future.
Foreseeable is a good word.

1 Like

I don’t think the squad’s great or even the best in the last 10 years. The selection front 4 certainly aren’t nearly as good as the days when we had RVP, Ade, Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky, Hleb. If anything we never invested enough in replacements to this day. Now defensively maybe we’re maybe more solid.

More importantly is it as good as Chelsea’s? I don’t think it is.

2 Likes

First 11,12,13 are ok,but we are in deep shit whenever we have injuries in certain positions ACM.
It’s nicee to see Wenger strengthening our second team with le cow n giroud contracts.lol.

I think the problem is that the first team is ok but there are too many players who are ok and not enough world class.

Ozil and Sanchez are responsible for our top four place in recent seasons and a couple more of their quality could see us challenging for the PL title rather than just qualifying for the CL.

If we don’t get a couple of top signings then, not only will we lose the two world class players we have, we will not even be playing in the CL either.

We have too many Ramsey’s and Walcott’s, and not enough Ozil’s and Sanchez.

2 Likes

In all the seasons Ramsey and Walcott have been at the club how many top season have they had ? Both 1 IMO, Ramsey in 13/14 & Walcott in 12/13. Given they are 26 & 27 respectively thats just not reward for the faith invested in them.

1 Like

Wenger’s defining moment was when he said “we’re a big club, and big clubs don’t sell their best players.”

Then we proceeded to sell all of our best players, and not just to random teams, to rivals.

He could fuck off at that point.

8 Likes

Wenger likes to be the nice guy. He’s not strong enough.
Players like Ramsey and theo are here because they wouldn’t last 10 minutes at any other top club.
What other top team would give you £100,000 a week to do what you want.
I can’t ever remember Theo sweating.

2 Likes