Arsène Wenger

Trolls gonna trolls.

A joke is supposed to be funny. Your joke wasn’t funny. And it was you who took a jab at me with something irrelevant when I asked a question.

You call me arrogant. But I’m just stating facts. Truth hurts.

3 Likes

I wasn’t even speaking to you in the first place. Arrogant assholes will usually find a way to make it about themselves though so no surprises there.

We have needed upgrades on a number of playing positions for years but Wengers reluctance to do that has meant we have now blown the budget on two very ordinary players Kostafi and Xhaka .
Now I hear we are offering the BFG and SantI extensions on their contracts .
Now Santi Il go with even though he is getting on and needs replacing ,we are lost without him in midfield.
But BFG ??? we have enough players at that position ,move him on or pay him 20 k a week .

Well we need to start throwing £60m around if we want to sign someone better than Mustafi and Xhaka, if Oscar can go for £60m…

People that want a defensive manager to replace Wenger are quite outdated. I agree Wenger should leave at the end of the season with a trophy to leave on good terms.

So Mustafi is now a “very ordinary” player, too? Interesting. In that case, the vast majority of our squad is very ordinary, or well below that.

2 Likes

You better hope for a favourable FA cup draw then.

1 Like

At least right now that sounds like a fair statement to make.

1 Like

People who say Mustafi isn’t that great are tripping balls. He’s twice the player David Luiz is, and cost half the money…like 3 times :joy: Anyways the defense isn’t really that big of an issue imo. The non existent midfield much more of an issue for me.

Both are issues, but I think our defence would be fine with a manger that could coach it properly.

3 Likes

I think it’s a little bit of a myth. We were fine not leaking goals until our coherent midfield partners went down. Then it all went to shit.

Huh? What do you mean half the money? Seems to me that this summer Mustafi cost slightly more than Luiz did, if the 32m Luiz fee I saw is in anyway accurate.

Why bring Luiz into it anyway? It doesn’t even do your argument any favours as he’s looked really rather good since returning to the PL.

6 Likes

There is a disconnect between our defense and midfield too much space between the lines. It’s why our defenders are exposed and too often in one-v-one situations. Makes the consequences of a mistake also much greater. But yeah, we have had this problem since 09/10. It’s still not properly fixed.

2 Likes

What the hell do you mean he cost half the money? We spent a similar fee to what Chelsea did on Luiz. Do you just get off on inventing things or something?

And Mustafi is not twice the player Luiz is. That’s an absurd thing to say.

2 Likes

We’re fine scoring goals but we’ve been leaking them all season too. Not really at a worrying rate, but enough to think that we should do better. I think the biggest improvement Mustafi has brought to the team so far is his passing while the defending as a partnership will still take a couple of weeks/months to improve. Not too much of an issue though at the moment as I’d rather have a functioning midfield.

1 Like

Yeah but he went to psg for 50 then back to Chelsea for 30…so these clubs are investing all this money in a so so mediocre defender when there are better, younger, less error prone players out there.

Chill out why so aggressive? Cmon I’m pretty sure you don’t have a learning disability or something of the sort, but jesus it’s an expression, maybe you’ve just never heard it?

It’s an unfair way to phrase it, by adding up his career total of transfer fees. If you’re going to say that Mustafi is twice the player Luiz is, and bring their transfer fees into the discussion, you should talk about what they cost when they were both transferred to English clubs this summer. Which was slightly less than Mustafi.

2 Likes

It’s more of an issue of the demand for the player. PSG tripping over their balls to buy such a mediocre defender and pay a world record fee for him is laughable. Then Chelsea buy him back for big money.