Arsène Wenger

are you waiting to read your own posts? lol ok

I don’t need to.
I’m not the one making the accusations.
All I know is that I don’t tend to lie.
My posts are my opinions, as I’m sure are most people on this forum.

tell me how you know that he persists with players because he can’t admit to being wrong. In detail.

edit: And as you surely can read, if you took offense to being called a liar - I’m not sure these dumb ideas originated with you, I didn’t say you lied, I said you spread and repeat lies, I call them shite arse guesses and false bull. That’s different.

*Players he persevered with like Denilson, Diaby, Sanogo, Almunia, Szczesney etc, that almost everyone knew weren’t good enough, or never fit enough, yet, in my opinion, he wouldn’t move on.

Why are my ideas about him dumb and your ideas right?

You defend him and I criticise him.
The difference is, I don’t resort to childish name calling.

2 Likes

Yes I do in deed defend him from tireless and pointless accusations that have no ground beneath them. Direct your accusations where they belong.

Why did he persist with Denilson, Diaby, Sanogo, Almunia, Chestnut well the hint is in the price tag, start there. And end up in the right place this time, which is that people above him said no no to picking cookies from the treasury. That’s why.

That is also why we swapped out our entire starting IX since we got to spend. Bar home grown players, read above why.

I took some time, for your sake, to look up shite you posted other times - go read your own crap in the Lucas Perez thread where you repeat crap like “Wenger would never spend more than £20m on a striker” even though we know for a fact, since other clubs have said it themselves, that we bid that much or more for several strikers. Shite like “he goes in with a few thousand to say we tried”. That is the shite you keep spewing which is absolute bollocks. And why would he do that? say we tried? For what purpose does Arsene Wenger, the manager, do that? In fact, Sanchez is our striker right now and he cost £30+m. What about that? Surely it was no one elses influence since he is omnipotent at the club?

2 Likes

Oscar Wilde you are not.
I’d get a refund from that charm school you went to, if I was you.[quote=“oompa, post:2077, topic:125”]

where you repeat crap like “Wenger would never spend more than £20m on a striker”
[/quote]
I was right.
He hasn’t spent more than 20m on a striker.

good reply. What did our current striker cost?

To be fair, the net value spending and spending X on a player only to say he tried is what I found alienating at times.

It’s highlighted an unobjective stance and a clear bias that makes some otherwise fair and just points about Wenger utterly lost.

I hope this post has come accross in the right tone, not at all wanting an argument or to be rude.

1 Like

What?
You mean the wide midfielder that was bought and played in midfield for two seasons before being moved int the striker position.

If he was bought as a striker, why couldn’t he displace Giroud?

aaand when you’re called on your bs you drag in Oscar Wilde and play dumb. Suits you. He is playing there right now isn’t he? Maybe he needed training to play there? He was tried up front during two short spells earlier as well, maybe if you watched and/or remembered it you’d know? Henry even explained it? Or do you know who more about coaching strikers than Wenger as well? Know how much time it takes etc?

No praise for wenger for setting up the right midfield, tactics, or getting the win?

No.

1 Like

He got our line up right. Xhaka-Coq works away from home.

How was I playing dumb?
I asked you a perfectly simple question and you were the one acting dumb by not answering it, while preferring to throw out insults and verbal abuse.

This is my whole point.
He wasn’t bought as a striker,.
If he was he would have played there.
Why spend more than 30m on a player and then play him for two seasons in a different position?
Also, if his plan was to play him as a striker, then why was Wenger still trying to buy a striker in the last transfer window?[quote=“oompa, post:2082, topic:125”]
Or do you know who more about coaching strikers than Wenger as well? Know how much time it takes etc?
[/quote]
Oh, I get it.
Because I’m not a professional football manager, I’m not allowed to express an opinion that doesn’t happen to coincide with yours.
So along with all the pundits, ex Arsenal players, journalists, supporters, etc, we are wrong in criticising Wenger for anything he does.

He knows our lineup and players well and we’re title challenging, why are some so desperate for him to leave? When he leaves his work will be undo and we’d have to start again and could end up like United.

Or we could end up like Chelsea ? I suppose it depends how stingy the board is.

1 Like

You’ve shoehorned all 3 of my favourites into two nice, compact lines of text there, the best I’ve seen yet tbf #efficient

1 Like

If you think he deserves some praise you could always be the one to give him it

1 Like

Don’t be daft. West Ham are a relegation worthy team with farmers in defence. Wenger didn’t get any of it right, he just fluked it.

He doesn’t do tactics because he doesn’t play 3 at the back. Right? RIGHT???

Tbh though, le prof has done really well this season. Don’t think anyone (barring maybe AC) hasn’t noticed and given due credit.

1 Like

Well that is because you completely ignore every argument I write, drag in Oscar Wilde and keep asking questions, that’s all you do. You say “he wasn’t bought as a striker if he was he should’ve played there”. Did you just fail to read about or just notice in real life how we played him up front for two spells earlier, commented on both by Henry and Wenger in interviews? Or how we did the same with Henry Or RvP? They also played wide for their clubs or here? I am still supposed to treat you like you’re being serious?

Am I supposed to take you seriously when we buy the striker of the Chilean NT who played wide for his club and then play him up front for two short spells and it is not effective enough and eventually it is after going through the same process as RvP and Henry? Waaa I just insult you, yes because I honestly think you are playing dumb.

Burden of proof lies on you with your dumb suggestions that he just throws in a few thousand to look like he tries. It’s not his fucking money is it, so why would he care? And why do we buy a striker when we have one… this is a serious question by you. You honestly have no idea why a club needs more than one of everything do you, yet you’re not playing dumb. ok. I am supposed to take you serious. ok.

Waaa I can’t criticise Wenga

1 Like