Arsène Wenger

Both having more trophies in that time than Spurs :wink:

1 Like

Leicester won the league. Who did they entice? If anything they lost their best player as a result.

Stop twisting things. The FA Cup isn’t a competition that’s goal revolves around signing players. But any top player wants trophies. You won’t find Alexis and Ozil calling in sick on the day of a final because it’s meaningless or what ever.

2 Likes

Anytime now those shields are going to get a mention.

https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/status/802849026240643073

FFS. Beginning to think he will never leave us :tired_face:

1 Like

:laughing:
YES

1 Like

At least it’s a rolling contract and not one for a fixed 3-year period. If true.

2 Likes

Still a shambles as every year he stays is another year wasted but yeah a guaranteed 3 years would be real a doomsday scenario.

It’s the sun so probs nothing but he would be an interesting choice.

Hasenhuttl, Patrick Vieira and Howe. :facepalm:

1 Like

Is this purely based on him doing well with RB Leipzig in the last few months? His CV doesn’t look that extensive to me.

Slim pickings on good managers it seems.

Our next manager is going to be a young one I imagine, probably with a bit of an underwhelming CV too. For some reason I just don’t see Arsenal signing someone like Simeone or another manager who has titles on his resume.

1 Like

Thomas Tuchel, Cocu, Luis Enrique (I don’t know why, but in my opinion he should leave Barça at the end of the season), Blanc, De Boer and Roberto Mancini are all potential candidates for our bench, better than young and unknown managers.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind De Boer or Blanc.

Blanc, De Boer and Mancini are not managers I want to see manage this club. I think I would rather take a punt with someone young if those three are our options. Jury is still out on Tuchel, Cocu and Enrique (Roma is a stain on his resume) imo.

Btw. Tuchel hasn’t accomplished particularly more than Hasenhuttl, if the latter manages to get a couple of high finishes with Leipzig.

I can understand Mancini but why not the other two?

Blanc doesn’t convince even me, but De Boear has been unlucky to work for a club who are living a moment of chaos. Internazionale FC board don’t agreed his requests during the transfer window, prefering to buy players without a meeting with the dutch manager.

I don’t like Mancini but he knows how to win and how to work with great players and for him would be a dream to join our club.

De Boer was unfortunate at Inter. Not to mention I don’t think he really grasped Italian football at all. Blanc I am a fan of.

Mancini I have always rated and people forget he is a PL winner. But he leaves a poisonous atmosphere in the air, we can do without that.

De Boer plays the same style of bland possession football Wenger plays. It’s hard to get excited about that prospect. I don’t think he’s going to do that more succesfully.

Blanc has a more pragmatic approach as a manager, as we call that nowadays, but looking at his stints at France/PSG he teams never played good. It was always solid, they did the job against most of the teams, but I don’t see that taking us to the next level. Mancini fits that same mold imo.

This is the problem with with modern football fans. They see a bad spell at a club as definitive. De Boer is still a quality manager.

I can safely say would Thomas Tuchel be an absolute disaster for Arsenal. The guy is nowhere near experienced enough. I don’t know why people are so desparate to capture Klopp 2.0

Rafa Benitez, imo, is the most sensible and best appointment we can make. He can make excellent use of the current squad whilst implementing some tactical discipline

2 Likes

Saying he’s a quality manager, because he won 4 in a row, that’s shortsighted. Ajax fans were done with his football, the Eredivisie had a serious lack of quality at the top in his last 1 or 2 Championships years. There are enough doubts surrounding him. Especially for a job with one of the 10 biggest clubs in Europe.

I haven’t even considered his stint with Inter.