AFTV

Exactly, the more views and subscriptions this fat goofy cunt gets the more money he earns. This fucking toad is part of the problem, wish he fucking crawl back into his hole. You would not believe the grief I get about these fucking idiots and this cretinous youtube channel from foreign rival fans. Un fucking real.

3 Likes

It is just demand and supply.

1 Like

Thing is, whether people like it or not, it’s another example of how watching habits are slowly moving away from traditional television, onto the internet. Youtube has totally changed the landscape during this past decade.

The younger generation are watching less TV than ever before, they’re all over on YT. And it’ll continue to do so. There’s less stuff worth watching on TV these days. Why settle for rigid TV structure with repetitive shows when you can choose to watch and follow something more of interest to you instead? There’s something for everyone on there to keep entertained, and really these fan channels are just another example of a new form of ‘entertainment’ that would’ve never happened before on TV.

You can question whether they’re quality or not, but they’re drawing in the numbers, so they obviously do something right.

TV companies must know they’re audiences are slowly decreasing as time goes on while Internet viewing increases. It’s just part and parcel of the way things are now.

4 Likes

Most of those numbers are from rival fans though - who just want a laugh. Every week without fail, a rival fan will tag me in a link to Arsenal Fan TV. Not that they care who watches, their aim is obviously to go viral, and the ridiculousness of it has made sure that happens every time.

Phoebe,
If we are winning, playing good football, playing beautiful football, there is nothing for people to laugh at.
The ultimate reason for all these is, we are not good enough, but always brag about the title chance and mental strength.

1 Like

[quote=“Phoebica, post:245, topic:498”]
Most of those numbers are from rival fans though - who just want a laugh. Every week without fail, a rival fan will tag me in a link to Arsenal Fan TV. Not that they care who watches, their aim is obviously to go viral, and the ridiculousness of it has made sure that happens every time.
[/quote]That’s more than likely the case now, but tbh I remember it was growing pretty fast, even before all these rival fans started desending onto the channel. it’s just also coincidenced with us going through the usual mediciority that the rival fans have more of a reason to poke and share. Jumping on the bandwagon.

My post was more aimed for saying that in general these fan channels are popping up more and has become more of a ‘thing’ these days.

2 Likes

Oh, there is always something to laugh at :grin:

I don’t know how I can laugh at Chelsea…

1 Like

Hilarious that Lyrical Robbie tries to (correctly) equate the importance of the common fan with the likes of Gary Neville, in terms of having a valid view, but then allows what must be a very high proportion of Arsenal Fan TV screen time to the same bunch of 4-5 shouty sweary men like DT and Claude :laughing:

He’s caught between a rock and a hard place, because a lot of his viewership is going to come from fans of other clubs who watch just to laugh at these idiots, so they have more value to him than getting someone new on there, who may be a smarter and more reasoned, but also a lot less shouty and with a much lower spittle-to-word ratio. They should do the right thing and not just seek endless reruns of Claude shouting at Ty and Ty shouting simultaneously at Claude.

OA should do a podcast.

Nah.

Would be weird as fuck hearing everyone’s voice :grimacing:

In fairness, with the personalities on this forum, we could give AFTV a run for their money.

1 Like

Well yeah, most of us have a brain, for starters… :smile:

Worst case scenario we do an ‘OA UNCUT’ or an 'OA AFTER DARK, whereby we go into @AbouCuellar’s basement to find Topo strung up by his balls.

I really think people would tune in.

4 Likes

If that’s Cuellar’s game then i’m definitely not meeting him when Arsenal come to town. :no_good:

I reckon we should all crash lens house for the first one. Would be hilarious.

1 Like

Well, OA does actually have it’s own Youtube channel :giroud: We just never done anything with it. Not sure having @AbouCuellar in a podcast is the way to go, he’d scare the audience away with his terrible puns :smiley:

and confuse the rest of the audience with his foreign words

We could call him the punista

2 Likes