Arsenal Vs Watford (PL)

I feel you

What is the plan B? Niles in the middle? but the problem is the french donkey with the conviction to be Cesc Fabregas.

1 Like

No, i know. But Wenger said we have a big squad.

We’re going to get annihilated at Stamford Bridge. I dodged the 6-0, felt like I was missing out somehow on an Arsenal rite of passage re: Chelsea in recent times.

Bring it on.

2 Likes

Us every season trying to win the title

10 Likes

I dont care
I dont care
I dont care
If we lose round here
Ive got my wine on the sideboard here
Let Stevie sort it out if we lose round here.

2 Likes

This gif is false, it suggests we have gotten close.

2 Likes

This loss has no relevance to the Title as we never stood a chance of winning it anyways, it is however 3 costly points in the race for top 4.

1 Like

Even without Wenger on the sideline, even we put out our B team.
At home against Watford should be a must win for me.
Just a really bad result for us.

Our defending has always been the reason we wont win another title. Gutted about this result, but we cant dwell on it. Need to fix up sharpish for Chelsea otherwise we are going to get absolutely humiliated.

1 Like

Unless you mean defending in a really broad sense this really isn’t true. Mustafi was poor on the second goal but that play never should’ve got anywhere near him, it took about 3 major individual errors, 2 of them from midfielders and 1 of them from the right-back in an ‘offensive phase’ of play, and a combination of global factors (midfield play in general leading up to the second goal, lack of outlets in attack making it very easy for Watford to snuff out any threat and look more dangerous than us in attack, bit of panic/not fully focussed mental state of the team which influences in players not offering for Gabriel’s throw and him making a ridiculous decision with it/Ramsey making a ridiculous decision offering in the way he did).

First goal was little to do with defending of course, lot to do with luck and a bit to do with the global factors if you want to go there, the fact that Watford could gain a foul in that part of the pitch and were active in that part of the pitch in the first place.

Obviously it’s simplistic to break football down into a binary attacking or defending, or even part it into a three of defending, midfield play, and attacking, so I definitely wouldn’t do the former as you have and if I had to do the latter I wouldn’t doubt to go for midfield play being and always having been the reason we won’t win another title.

This is a bit a post I felt worth making because of the comments made on Mustafi to the tune of ‘for all the talk of how good he’s been, our defensive record hasn’t improved with him in the team’…the two really aren’t mutually exclusive. Mustafi has been really good, IMO, and I’m certainly willing to be a little lenient with him for the really poor individual error on Capoue because he was clearly incredibly frustrated and in disbelief that the play had even got that far/developed in the way that did, and when you are furious and in disbelief at your teammates like that it’s easy to let yourself down in a quick moment like that. Our defensive record hasn’t improved because our team in general hasn’t improved significantly or structurally…it’s notable that our best defensive record in recent years was in 12-13, and while the Mertesacker-Koscielny partnership was certainly a big factor in that a bigger factor was our control oriented approach and disciplined, rather organized midfield with the Arteta-Ramsey (that very different version of Ramsey) axis and Cazorla on the left with Rosicky mostly at #10. But do I think Gibbs-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Sagna of 12-13 is a better defensive back four than Monreal-Koscielny-Mustafi-Bellerín? Not really.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Seems as good as time as any to use this smiley tonight, captain highsight Arsene :hipster:

2 Likes

We lost tonight because Watford were much better phisically. Mazzarri parked the bus in front of Gomes (this cunt plays good only against us) and the instructions for their midfielders where to put pressure on us to destroy the pass combination.

Despite this, our pass combination has been awful because Sanchez and Ozil were pressed, because has been difficult to control the ball on the pitch under the rain and because RAMSEY AND COQUELIN ARE TWO FUCKING IDIOTS!!! It’s not possibile to have them as starters o reserves if you want to win the title. The first is totally not interested to play for us, isn’t capable to keep the possession, isn’t capable to recovery the possession and not capable to create a chance. The second is awful, is a second division player. He isn’t fast, isn’t capable to use his body, has two forks instead of the feet and he wants to be a all-round midfielder when he isn’t neither a fucking trype of player like Huddlestone or Jack Cork. I loved him when he helped our defense, I loved the time when he was our Policeman in front of the defense, but please, is time to send him into the space with a powerful kick in the ass. If the alternative is to play with Niles or Adelaide, I accept it, because we will not win anything in any case.

Our defense has been horrible tonight, but sincerly I refuse to put my finger against Mustafi and Koscielny. Gabriel yes, Gabriel is a garbage player and I don’t understand why Arsene prefers him over Holding and preferred him over a proper RB if he wasn’t convinced to risk Hector Bellerin.

Starting from tonight, I will wait the end of the season with any animosity for our games. When the season will finish, I will tribute all my sentiments to my idol because has been a father figure for me, and I will wait a new manager. I need to see something different things, starting with the projects on the transfer market and finishing with the players rated good enough to bepart of the squad.

I hope which new manager will convince Alexis to stay and build a squad around him with current players like Hector, Holding, Mustafi, Koscielny, Cech, Ospina, Özil, Niles, Xhaka, Cazorla, Elneny, Welbeck and Perez. The rest, for me, can go out, like my angry tonight for the same old Arsenal without HUEVOS and GARRA to win.

1 Like

He dosent do his cause anygood with some of the shit he spouts…Players were rested saturday so no excuses for not being mentally ready…

1 Like

2 or 3 weeks ago, Koscielny said: sometimes, despite the manager talks with them, someone thinks to have won the game before the game is played.

That could be an interview after many of the games this season to be honest, as in the phrase being completely sccurate. Didn’t watch the game and definitely not going to but congrats on the title Chelsea.

The follow up question after he said that should be “why was that”.

1 Like

He did? Where?

Tomorrow I will post the article here. I don’t remember if was an interview with a french media or not.

1 Like