Arsenal Vs Östersund (UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg)

:date: Thursday 22 February 2018
:clock8: 20:05
:stadium:️ The Emirates Stadium
:tv: BT SPORT

First Leg result (Östersund 0 Arsenal 3)

Rest everyone for the cup final? Or start them and sub them off? Wonder what Wenger will do?

• Arsenal to go through
  • Östersund to go through

0 voters

I’m completely out of sync this season, I thought we had Man City this Thursday not fucking Östersund

Is that poll really necessary? Lol.

It’s a bit of a tough one in terms of showing ‘disrespect’ to Östersund (does that really matter?) but really they were so bad in that first 30 minutes that it allowed us to win the entire tie in that time. Now they may have got over their inferiority complex but they won’t win the game.

I’d rest Özil and two/three others, try and get Ramsey and his phantom hamstrings fit for the final (unlikely) and just play people like Willock, Nketiah, Maitland Niles, start Holding/Kolasinac etc

4 Likes

Of course we have to rest players. Man City have an entire week to prepare for the final. We’re already at a disadvantage - you know, what with them having better players than us! We need to give the likes of Özil a week too.

1 Like

Time for Eddie to play, right?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t play Rambo at all. Maybe just the last 20 minutes.

Welbeck needs 90 minutes and whoever plays needs to be creating chances for him. Fuck knows he needs goals and something to take into the final.

Aubameyang will be starting the final & Dat guy will be riding the pine.

3 Likes

Just seen if we win this we will have 5 games to play between 1st March and 15th March.

We won’t have a squad left.

So do you prefer to go out? We can have a good rest after that period, as there is the F.A. Cup.

Yes I prefer we go out of all the competitions and withdraw from the premier league. That way we should be well rested.

10 Likes

It depends on the Europa League draw. If we got another small team we could rest some players.

Nooooo. It’s the last 16. Most of the teams who look to be going through are decent. I wouldn’t trust our reserves against any of them! And that’s really not a risk we should be taking.

3 Likes

Yeah, you are right. Someone sets me a trap here.

Ospina
    Niles Holding Mavropanos Kolasinac
       Nelson Elneny Xhaka Mkhi
             Eddie Welbeck
1 Like

I’d imagine Cech will play in goal for this one – he seems to believe Ospina will be in goal for the cup final

https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/965919964124319744

That’s okay, if it came down to penalties and Cech was in goal I’d genuinely leave early

1 Like

We won our last penalty shootout with Cech in goal

1 Like

This game’s such a waste of time tbh gonna watch it but it’s basically feels like a pre season game