Arsenal vs Manchester United (PL)

Moaninho should stick a cod fish up his sorry portuguese lardass.

Only needed 18 points :xhaka:

This is the first time weā€™ve beaten Man Utd at home in successive seasons since 2000/01-01/02!

1 Like

Posted already by OptaCalum :sunglasses:

.#200andlate there @mysty :wink:

[quote=ā€œCalum, post:166, topic:1433ā€]
Posted already by OptaCalum :sunglasses:

.#200andlate there @mysty :wink:
[/quote]Iā€™ll only let you have it if you can tell me when the previous one before that was, Buzz Killington :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Before 2015/16 2016/17 and 2000/01 2001/02 ?

No idea! Do you know?

1973/74 and 1974/75

Of course :slight_smile: Itā€™s 97/98-98/99.

2 Likes

still struggled and looked impotent against garbage like Boro

just no cutting edge, the deflected goal got us out of trouble
today, was heading for a 0-0ā€¦

and that might have lead to defeat as we pushed for the win

a whole bunch of fresh, powerful players needed urgently

Well I donā€™t disagree with that.

of course I should add

ā€œif we ever want to compete for titles and UCL againā€

current squad just nowhere near the required level, thereā€™s
a good 8 that need upgrading imo

then thereā€™s the 30+ year olds, they need changing too

loads of work needed

1 Like

Great result. Immediately thought about Henryā€™s goal vs United from about 10 years ago.

Still have this feeling we might edge fourth place, but even if we donā€™t, these kinds of results are important in the build up to the FA Cup final.

7 Likes

Perfect time to play United at home but credit to us for actually getting the job done, normally weā€™d bottle it.

Good result, some good performances, mainly Holding, the Ox and Welbeck, but also Ramsey in the second half, and Xhaka, not just for his goal, Cech with the crucial save against Rooney.

As good as this win was, it doesnā€™t matter if we canā€™t keep this going. Does this team have what it takes to go again against the Saints, then Stoke, then Everton and come away with 9 points? History suggests they donā€™t. Would like to see us change that and end the league season with some positivity.

1 Like

Smalling :poldi:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT0vW39DxVT/

8 Likes

ICONIC

Gotta catch the 2nd half on replay as I fell asleep on the couch at half time after a day drinking at the AFL.

2 Likes

The resemblance is unreal

11 Likes

Totally agree with Philip Nevilleā€™s analysis of the game here.

ā€˜Arsenal beat United, but nobody really caresā€™. Flat as a pancake, start to finish.

1 Like

I bloody care!!! Perhaps itā€™s my era but growing up it was all about Arsenal v Man United. More of my friends support United than Spurs, which, considering I went to secondary school just north of Enfield, is pretty amazing. To me, itā€™s still the biggest rivalry. So fuck Phil ā€œi want to be Garyā€ Neville!

9 Likes