Arsenal Vs FC Köln (Europa League)

I don’t understand the negativity towards Europa League. To win a European trophy is an achievement. A good win going into the Chelsea game will certainly get the team motivated for Sunday’s match .
Not only that Wenger has never won a European Trophy…
If Wenger disrespects the competition then he deserves all the criticism coming his way .

1 Like

Poldi is life. :heart_eyes:

https://twitter.com/Podolski10/status/908303934728560640

7 Likes

Not particularly invested in this game, but getting a bit more excited than I was at the start of the week. I think it’s because it’s the first real time that I can remember us not making the CL (and the fact this tournament is still not as prestigious as the former UEFA Cup)

Still I get a bid fed up with the English press only ever really banging on about this competition being a way to enter the CL. It’s still a European trophy, despite it being quite tedious most of the time :joy:

I think this competition will get more interesting when the teams from the CL drop down into the Europa League.
Especially if spurs or Liverpool are in it.

I really don’t get it. He finally has the chance to win an european trophy and he doesn’t want to take it?

1 Like

So they weren’t kidding about the German invasion then, they all just descended on Oxford Street!

3 Likes

Oxford Street must smell nice then. All that Cologne…

8 Likes

:joy: The Cavalry.

Shamelessly stolen from Twitter

10 Likes

A good trick to dealing with germans is leaving a bunch of vegetables and a glass of vinegar in the open. They will instinctively try to pickle the vegetables, leaving one free to continue his daily routine.

Puh, that’s not bad.

Beat these krauts! End of it.

1 Like

I bet london is completely sold out of long black tube socks and stupid looking velcro sandals :grin:

3 Likes

At least half of those people have posted on this forum in the last week, asking for match tickets in threads about Danny Welbeck, new movies and Brexit

3 Likes

Playing Nelson may seem more attractive but it’s a risk, with Walcott you know you’re getting experience and goals v easy opposition :smirk:

1 Like

Very strong side out tonight!!

Ospina
Mertesacker
Sanchez
Giroud
Walcott
Holding
Iwobi
Monreal
Bellerin
M-Niles
Elneny

BENCH

Macey
Wilshere
Mustafi
R-Adelaide
Kolasinac
Nelson
Akpom

2 Likes

Elneny - Niles :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Is that a 4-3-3??? Tell me it is.

Hope it’s not Niles/Bellerín on the left of the 3-4-3 with Iwobi in MF. :confused:

WILSHERE

1 Like

:cech: Niles left-wing back

The attack is great, apart from Walcott.