Arsenal vs Chelsea (Premier League)

haha I remember that ping-pong moment… classic.

I think what he means is that we have had some great 1 off performances in the past ,last season was no exception but we then cant find consistency to grind out the bread and butter in between . We were great last season in the league at home against utd and city in the league and that was it . lets not forget chelsea were all at sea defensively . Whats pleased me most I think on reflection was the defense which by and large nullified a constantly probing chelsea attack.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TerryAFCx/status/779801067496300544/video/1

Still buzzing from this. Feels good man

6 Likes

To be honest the fact that Leicester City are the 15/16 Premier League Champions, and not us, has proven me right already to a degree. I don’t need that justification badly. But I’m sure you’ve have ready-made excuses to justify the Biggest failure of Wenger in his CAREER.

I’ve never called for Bilic. If anything I’ve always said parting ways with Wenger can work both ways. It could be a failure, but it also could make us better. There is a riskfactor attached to parting with Wenger, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to get out of this current stagnation. Don’t put words in my mouth about wanting Bilic or another flavour of the month. It’s a cheap dig.

I’m not clinging on two just those two results, those two results are examples in a line of results/performances of more structural problems this team has. It seems like you guys just forget how Chelsea beat us twice in the SAME MANNER last season, or how United did it at Old Trafford or how Koeman’s Southampton gave us a 4-0(!) beating. All those games have an awful lot of parallels. That’s just last season. Let’s not make PSG bigger then they are btw. They are not in the same bracket as Real/Bayern/Barcelona. But Emery picked us apart because he knew exactly how to exploit our weaknesses. The home game should be a win.

Exactly. They can challenge, but will they? That’s a statement that’s still needs to be proven by the right results in the League.

4 Likes

Last seasons failure to win the league will probably haunt us for a very very long time, not often around the 80 point mark wins the league.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Is he wearing a customized warm up top?

I think that’s the funniest part.

The last clip is so good - Costa gets up like a rabid dog ready to kick off but Kos has already legged it from the scene.

Best line:

You played Sunday League, you know that one player who’s on your team who’s fat, no disrespect, he can’t play. But you have to play him so he doesn’t feel bad, THAT’S IVANOVICH

1 Like

It’s funny the way Costa looks like a spoilt brat when ever Kos gets the ball off him.
He acts all indignant because his usual dirty tricks don’t work and the better player shows him up for what he is.

The way Kos followed him all over there pitch, I wouldn’t be surprised if Costa had to keep looking over his shoulder, on his way home, to make sure he wasn’t still there.

1 Like

When Pedro was one on one, :bellerin: ran all the way down, got to him, caught him, slide tackled him,
:xhaka: got the ball and cleared it away… what happened - THAT happened.

:henry: haha

At 1.01 and 1.40 just too funny :joy::joy:

No way could anyone have predicted 2-0 after 15 minutes. They were on it from the start and it was fantastic. Closing down, Cahill forced into a mistake, Alexis with a cool finish. The 2nd goal vintage Arsenal, slick passing, quick passing, most importantly going forward. Not sideways slow passing to come up with nothing.

The 2nd goal was pure class. Chelsea sat back but weren’t working together at all, fuck them.

Alexis at striker is something a lot of us haven’t liked but it worked to a charm. All 11 put in a shift and it was a performance that hopefully we see a little more consistently.

And fuck Diego Costa!!

2 Likes

I found some cool (and some not cool) facts you probably already know but still:

• We started the match against these pricks without a win in 9 straight games and without a goal in 6.
  • 1-0 Alexis ended a spell of 583 minutes without scoring a goal against Chelsea (PL)
  • yep, that’s a record. Our worst scoreless spell against a rival in our history.
  • 2-0 Chelsea haven’t been 2-0 down inside 15 minutes since october 28, 2012
  • 3-0 First time we score 3 goals against Chelsea in the first half in the Premier League era.
  • The last time we won by 3+ goals at home against Chelsea in the league was 26 years and 9 days ago.

This win will definitively be in the top 10 highlights of the season, hopefully it’ll be the #10

:ozil2:

Couldn’t believe how clueless, static, brainless and pathetic Chelsea looked, I loved it!
oh! and I love to be wrong too… 2-0 Chelsea WTF was I thinking?

well tbh, no one saw this coming you bunch of liars!

4 Likes