Arsenal vs Chelsea (Premier League)

Great picture.

10 Likes

Fantastic Photo. If we can keep up with performances like this throughout the season and not have the mini breakdown we usual do we could be right up there.

Poor Cesc, he cuts a forlorn figure these days.

Nah. Fuck Cesc. :snake:

6 Likes

1 Like

OH MY GOD :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:
Hilarious.

1 Like

Chelsea really were awful, but theyā€™re one of those sides where that doesnā€™t diminish the enjoyment of absolutely destroying them at all.

That and for the first time this season, we actually looked convincing. For that matter itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve thought Alexis through the middle might be a workable option.

2 Likes

Not much mention of Alex Iwobi yet, how amazing was he?

Looks like heā€™s very much ready to play a whole string of games for us, Sanchez was also excellent centre forward, although Luiz/Cahill were as bad defensively as weā€™ll face all season. I still see him as more effective coming in from wide, I bet his overall goal ratio would be higher in that respect.

Tackle from Bellerin was incredible also, nothing I love more than a clean sheet and 3-1 wouldā€™ve felt somehow disappointing after just how superior we were for most of the game.

Good call on scoring a late ticket @Midfield_Maestro and @JakeyBoy I hope you savaged those chav fans all day long

6 Likes

Absolutely a fair shout, the very fact that his performances arenā€™t getting remarked on in the same way they were last season shows how quickly weā€™ve taken it for granted that heā€™ll perform.

1 Like

Iā€™ve read quite a bit about yesterdayā€™s game to reflect in the glory a bit more, so I canā€™t remember which one pointed this out, but I think it was arseblog: It says a lot that he didnā€™t directly assist or score any of our goals and got substituted in the 69th minute and still got the MOTM award.

He was fantastic. The one touch passing with Ɩzil and the subsequent pass to dissect Chelseaā€™s defence for the second goal was out of this world, this is the biggest problem with assist stats, because Iwobi fucking owned that goal and it was one of the best team goals weā€™ve seen in ages.

Iā€™m really hoping we donā€™t burn him out or lose him to injury because he looks like a very important player to us.

2 Likes

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/779800443861995520/pu/vid/1280x720/3cADHjOkeJcQgG4l.mp4

@Calum the video embed work you crazy scottish genius.

14 Likes

What a beautiful piece.

I cant remember the last time we intentionally targeted a striker in that manner. Maybe Van Nistelrooy? Rolling back the years with that brutal defensive performance.

1 Like

Excellent performance and result that. Most importantly it was really exciting to watch because prior to this week weve been horrible to watch.
The style and level of that performance will be needed to mount any sustainable challenge this season as the competition is going to be tough.
Biggest question now as always with us, is how we handle the expectation.
Not holding my breath on that one tbh. Will though be pleased to bask in this result for now.

2 Likes

That bit in the video around the 2 minute mark is hilarious. Costa goes to the ground, and then immediately gets up to run to the ref and cry some more :arteta:

So glad we dealt with that prick magnificantly this time.

1 Like

Look closer. He runs past the refā€¦Heā€™s appealing to Kosc to stop bullying him. :gunnersaurus:

2 Likes

I realize that if Arsenal fails youā€™ll take great satisfaction in being proven ā€œrightā€ that Arsenal should have canned Wenger and hired Bilic or one of the other flavors of the month the Wenger haters have been desperate to see take over. But if youā€™re reduced to clinging to Liverpool and PSG to comfort yourself, you donā€™t have much to cling to. The truth is that even without some key players Arsenal actually played pretty well against Liverpool except for the first 20 minutes of the second half when Liverpool knocked in three goals against a defense led by Calum Chambers and Rob Holding. Aside from that, the Gunners actually fairly dominated the game. And Iā€™ll take a first round draw away against the highest-seeded team in the Champions League group. If those are your examples of how dire things are at the Emirates, Iā€™m not going to lose any sleep. This team is just rounding into form and if they can remain reasonably healthy I see no reason why they canā€™t challenge for the top. But I suppose youā€™d hate that.

5 Likes

Lovely, lovely compilation that. 1:09, think itā€™s Kosh, such a thumping tackle and I remember watching, almost felt like it was slow motion seeing that beautiful french figure gliding along the grass.

What can I say.

I have just got in from this game - literally was so buzzing after being at the Emirates on Saturday I went out and saw off the entire weekend. Unreal scenes and definitely the best atmosphere Iā€™ve had at the Emirates in the first half.

Ozil - I would stab myself in the eye to watch him feint around Kante (best player in the world oh em geeeee) daily.
Kostafi - shouts to Midfield Maestro for that. Genius. - was amazing. Think thatā€™s the most complete and collective CB performance Iā€™ve seen in Arsenal shirts since the good old days.
Walcott - keep feeding him pills.
Cech - probably not that vogue to mention his performance today, but I thought he brought SO much calm to the defence. Saved the (literally) two chances they had, and generally buttfucked the entire game. I love him more than I love Oooooospina.

Anyway kids, this was a fucking great one. I hate Chelsea. I donā€™t know what the season holds but that match felt superb.

Over and out.

1 Like

Wow what a performance. We havenā€™t dominated a side like that since United a year ago or City away last season.

The defense was exceptional, they all did something individually excellent and that sprint Bellerin had was almost unbelievable. Kosh and Mustafi shut down that cunt, and Nacho seems back to his best.

Ɩzil dominated, loved how he skinned Kante and left him for dead. Theo my boy is killing it like I said he would, so Iā€™m not all that surprised about that. However Iwobi is getting better every day! Iā€™m looking forward to English core round two with he, Chambers, Holding, Ox, and Willock. Coq was outstanding as well forcing chelsea itnto their own third most of the match. He out kanted Kante imo.

Finally Sanchez looked good. I havenā€™t been 100% convinced of him playing at CF but that Ɩzil goal doesnā€™t happen with someone else playing there most likely.

Glad to have finally stuffed the cunts. For as difficult a time as Wenger has had in the last 10 years, since weā€™ve gotten some propper players heā€™s given most other so called ā€œtop managersā€ a good run for their money. The only true hurdle left is beating that disgusting cunt of a human in Mourinho.

1 Like

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/779728176973045760/pu/vid/326x180/mAJaxj4OtI6XQzDz.mp4

:joy: this is incredible

1 Like