Arsenal vs Burnley (Premier League)

My question is: If the assistant was so eager to tell the ref it was a red, why was he not eager to inform him about the blatant penalty on Mustafi right infront of him? Of course that cunt of a ref was also staring directly at the incident and should’ve seen it himself. These officials almost cocked this up for us and the fact Kos was slightly offside doesn’t make up for their antics throughout the entire match. Diabolical.

We lost at City to two offside goals (despite a terrible performance). We’re due another one still I don’t care what they say.

Burnley could become our new bogey team soon, lol. We beat them twice right at the end.

We have played a great game. The stats are clear: the % of pass of many players on the pitch (Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi, Koscielny, Mustafi, Gabriel, Ozil) are close to the 90%.

We have tempted to explore many solution, trying to unlock their defense with speedy change of direction on the flanks or passing / assisting Giroud to open spaces for the midfielders.

Should be good to know why Wenger asked to Ozil to run into the box - Arsenal today have played with a 4-2-4 - and not asked to be the playmaker, trying to attract on of their defenders and open more space for Iwobi and Alexis. During many times, Xhaka and Ramsey hadn’t the solution to pass the ball to him because he was on attack.

Unfortunately the Ref has ruined a game with his shocking decisions. Two Burnley players would have deserved the red cards because of two violent elbows and hasn’t conceded a clear penalty to us.

Zero discussion about the red card showed to Xhaka. I wish to Granit to spend his time into an aseptic white room to think about his mental qualities and how to improve them.

Thumbs up for our defenders, to Petr Cech (despite the same penalty not saved) and to Aaron Ramsey. I will vote the welshman as man of the match because finally showed his qualities, is improving his pass quality, tried to be decisive like the past and helped the defense to put pressure on the opponents.

1 Like

3 Likes

I am happy as long as our luck continues, but man, we have been bang average since Stoke at home.

2 Likes

See Ray Parlour was in the George today…

Parlour loves it. I’ve met him a few times.

1 Like

Perhaps we should employ him to teach Xhaka how not to tackle !
Three 3 points is welcome,very important weekend . I wont obsess about the whys and hows because tyhe record books now show we won .
I couldnt help wondering afterwards however ,that if thats 2nd in the table then this league really isnt up to much !

1 Like

Lots of tension along the trenches despite the win!

To make you feel better, please just look at this singular page in this singular thread.

Enjoy.

Dont know why United are so concerned with us. They need to look over their shoulder for their 6th place rivals Everton who are hitting form :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol! Redcafe was literally fuming yesterday.

Well that was a lot harder than what it should of been!

Lets start with the penalties. The Burnley one was a stonewall penalty. Cant have any arguments at all with it. Ours was also a stonewall pen. A high foot to the head is dangerous play so a penalty. Was obviously offside in the build up and id be fuming if that had happened to us. The linesman should be able to see a clear offside like that. Mind you he should also be able to see a clear foul on Mustafi inside the box but he just looked on without a care in the world. Terrible officiating imo

Xhaka really needs to sort himself out. He makes them sort of tackles way to often and hes only going to see more red cards flashed his way unless he calms down a bit. I’m all for us having a bit of bite in midfield as its been missing but there is a way to go about it and he is doing it all wrong

Results went for us this weekend and its nice that we actually made it count, even if we did make a right meal of it

2 Likes

I didn’t think Salas foul was as bad as the hype merchants on MOTD were saying. Ok he dived in… so what, you see worse tackles in most games and nothing is given.
We need a tough hard man in midfield, but we need a tough hard man with guille. Not some swaggering big head.
You can make your presence felt without getting carded or sent off as often as xaka does.
Today also highlighted how the lack of a quality striker is hurting us.
Sanchez and o zil can only do so much.
Giroud is just another prima Donna.

Manchester United have scored enough offside goals of late, RedCafe positively drowning in hypocrisy there

He didnt hurt him the guy made a meal of it BUT u cannt tackle like this in modern football or you will be sent off !
You also cant blame Giroud for being the only person in the box and getting No service !

1 Like

Knowing Alexis missed his last two penalties for us I was fucking bricking it haha. Could not believe he fucking paneka’d it. Ice cold Alexis Ice cold!

Could watch this again and again. No better feeling in football than a last minute winner :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just hope it doesn’t turn out to be another Welbeck’s goal against Leicester, lol!

1 Like

A bogey team we keep beating…

IN…TER…EST…ING

I know I’m kind of late on this so I’ll be quick. My first game ever, I just wish I wasn’t in the club level, but below. A real thriller this, not bad at all for the virgin eyes. Spent an hour at Tollington prior and met some really nice people. You have a beautiful City too!

1 Like