Arsenal vs Burnley (Premier League)

3 Likes

Do feel a bit for Burnley actually :flushed:

Loved the players celebration at the final whistle.

I said it would be a tough encounter! eeesh!

Think we deserved a penalty earlier in the game with a blatant foul on Mustafi. Just glad we got the points, massive, massive win all things considered, albeit an ugly collation of points.

Kos always comes up with an important contribuation towards a goal every season. Can’t believe in both games this season against Burnley we get a slice of luck to grab a winner.

Another average performance, but the red card really hurt us badly. That’s apparently 9 red cards in 3 years for Xhaka…

Amazing end to the game. Was going to be a mass meltdown before our winner I suspect, but damn. What a cool way to win the game from Alexis :sanchez2:

Anywho, let’s move onto cup action. We need to do a lot better against the Saints.

1 Like
5 Likes

Tears in my eyes.

This side has had alot of pluck this season - I’m not sure why that is…

Yeah I imagine you gutted

Xhaka is a cunt and all that but what really gets me is that there are teams that will go down to 10 men at home against such poor opposition as Burnley and you wouldn’t be able to tell. But with us as soon as something disruptive to our original game plan happens and you know we are fucked, Burnley suddenly became dangerous because we are feeble as fuck.

1 Like

That was crazy in the last few minutes. Xhaka let his team mates and fan’s down, silly by him and he really needs to take it out of his game cause it will effect his career, he miss 4 games now. Coq peno was one sadly, we do give away a lot of peno’s though and when’s the last time Cech saved a peno. But fantastic peno from Alexis, even though Kos was offside it was a peno.

Thought Alexis, Ozil and Ramsey played well today. Iwobi had nice flashes. Mustafi scored a lovely header and Kos was great. But we really do make it hard on ourselves really.

Christ! Why do we always make it difficult for ourselves and why are Burnley so fucking stubborn against us? You can surely say we aren’t a boring side!

This was never going to be a 4-0 though, Burnley just aren’t that type of side. Look at their results.

Time for all the title talk to resume I guess. :smile: Great going to matches like that tho, imagine if it was your first ever game today

Redcafe reaction to our 97th minute winner :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Why exactly was their 7 minutes of injury time today? I didn’t notice any prolonged stoppages??

No idea, Arsenal fans were complaining when the board was held up. But thank fuck there were 7 minutes!

Bet the officials were gutted in he end, if they’d just added the usual 4 they would have got the result they wanted!

Marney was taken off on a stretcher, that must’ve been 3 or 4 of them

Marney was down for at least 4-5 minutes. Plus the usual three or four minutes added. Hence 7 :slight_smile:

The best thing about it is they are moaning that Kos was offside before the penalty. Man United fans complaining about another team getting an offside decision. Hi pot, meet kettle.

6 Likes