Arsenal Reserves & Youths

Disappointing… we should have one or two at least at every level unless for some reason we are stacking Germany, Spain, France, et al.

Mavididi almost scored an incredible solo goal for Charlton yesterday.

5 Likes

I know it is against lower level competition, but wow that was a powerful run.

Reiss Nelson being played as a centre midfielder for a few games now (while Dragomir, who would seem the more natural choice to play deeper, plays higher). Development tool or genuine project?

Mavididi impressed again yesterday in his first start.

Not a bad team, this. Should consider this line-up for when we play Liverpool :grin:

2 Likes

Hows Bramall looking? Does he look out of place?

That games being live streamed on the Arsenal website & app.

Whats the app called?

Arsenal :wink: If I wasn’t working I’d have watched this :confused:

Arsenal

Donyell Malen :thumbsup: 2-0, Rob Holding scored the first.

Arsenal playing really well

Yeah, decent first half. A goal and an assist from Mr Holding, should be more than 2-0! Malen looking very good!

Can tell Arsenal haven’t got a game when I get excited about watching the reserves :grin:

Maitland-Niles playing quite well in midfield but Jeff :confused:, not sure he’s as talented as we thought he was.

Quality goal by Nelson!

Nelson’s nice backheel

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/835141664918409216/pu/vid/640x360/gYRHhoJoyrikA7Yi.mp4

You’d have thought it would have a simpler name

How’d Willock do?

Well, 2nd half definitely better than the first where he was a bit quiet.

Bramall is stupiiiiiiiiiid fast.

Malen, Nelson, Mavididi and Willock, this is the most exciting yoof potential we’ve had since class of 08-10 ish. Malen in particular for me, basically given an opportunity off the back of Nketiah being injured and has well and truly seized it.

3 Likes

Wenger comes back from the departures of Cesc, Nasri, RvP, etc., and sees his plans come fully to fruition with league titles and a CL title, vindicating himself after all the critique—> Not Happening

Jeff takes up the mantle Diaby left behind, and fulfills the career the latter would’ve had should he have been able to stay fit—> Doesn’t look to be happening

:confused: So much for my dreams.

It really is a good crop, you haven’t mentioned Maitland-Niles who seems the Iwobi type sleeper of the bunch, and Nketiah looks a better prospect than Mavididi tbh, get the feeling Mavididi has a Afobe type ceiling. Sheaf looks like a very interesting prospect as a ball playing CB too, tbh, and Bielik is there of course as well, with the by all accounts very talented Dragomir in the mix too. Behind them the schoolboys look quite interesting too, Trae Coyle is very talented and Emile Smith-Rowe who was scouted by Barça just came back from injury by scoring a Bergkamp-esque winner off the bench followed by a brace for the U18s. We have 7 England call-ups at the U16 level amongst our first year scholars (http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/who-owns-englands-future-young-lions-call-ups-analysed-club)–dwarfing the number of any other club–so looks a very good class coming in, Trae Coyle, Tyreece John-Jules and Xavier Amaechi and Alfie Matthews seem to be the names to watch among that group.

Reiss Nelson looks to be the classiest talent our academy has produced in recent memory, though, tbh, perhaps ever. Still hope Willock can make it, I fell in love with that close control of his watching him last season against Anderlecht :heart_eyes: Might not have the personality for it though, at any rate he’ll have a better career than Ox, much more talented.