All good things eventually come to an end

Yeah, @Cristo we’re getting a divorce :unamused:

1 Like

Yeah you don’t apply to Harvard University with a 3.0 GPA… lot of work for nothing. There is data to support the analysis - it isn’t just a Yoda situation.

I agree.
The Europa League is for teams not good enough to be among the best in their respective leagues, and also for teams not good enough to even finish in the top two in the group stages of the CL.

It is the League Cup of European football, or for clubs who treat fourth place and the Community Shield, as real trophies.

Not being in the CL is bad enough, but to watch Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, and worst of all, spurs, play against Europe’s elite, while we are off to play on Thursday nights against some Hungarian village team is unacceptable.

If the board don’t do the utmost to sort this out, then they should sell to someone who does.
Until then, we can’t call ourselves a big club with big ambition, like Wenger and the board claim we are.

This is certainly correct.

2 Likes

I really think the issue is uniquely AW - he has become the club in a perverse way and the owners are trying to honor that to a degree, but now it has become pathetic holding on to a legend who is past it and they are a bit stuck. Not saying they shouldn’t have some balls to address it, but I can sympathize to a degree with the idea that you don’t want to be that guy that forced the most legendary manager of your club of all time - one who DID sacrifice a lot during a time of paucity and navigated us honorably until the last 3-5 years.

1 Like

Ahh babes don’t be like that!

Every relationship has it’s ups and downs babes! You’ve gotta give us another chance :cristo:

The scenes now if @eszter888 makes a sudden return to the Forum, you manwhore :cristo:

1 Like

Ahh there’s enough of me to go around :ozil2:

Ah how can I refuse that face. We’re back on :wink:

1 Like

at least it means cheaper season tickets.

Dream on

dont have to dream its a fact…

1 Like

Good for them. 3 Cup credits going into EL group stage games is a bit unfortunate though lol

1 Like

yes thats the only draw back, should be allowed to opt out, same as the LC…

Should be 50%

I have read through your posts and you come across as one of those who believe anything and everything is possible, as long as you do your bit. That’s an extremely great outlook to have and I applaud you for that. Just that, in this case, there is a huge history and many bitter lessons, lessons that Arsenal football club have clearly not learnt by being “in it”. Maybe, not being in it might just do the trick.

Hell, I am envious of the season that Spurs and Chelsea just had in the Premiere League. I am envious of how good their teams look and their future prospects. So I am obviously envious of those teams that will be in the CL but IMO, we have other fish to fry.

2 Likes

We can but hope.

History also teaches us that anything is possible by the way. We’d break the last 16 cycle eventually.

Yeah we probably would have been knocked out in the group stages at some point :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah and then we’d end up in everyone’s new favourite competition anyway. Win win. :grinning:

3 Likes

Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea had fallen outside top 4 in recent times and still managed to pull certain players to their club.

I think a lot will depend on whether Wenger stays or goes. If he stays nothing will change. It’s like being in an abusive relationship, you know it’s best to let go and leave, but every glimmer of hope makes you stay.

1 Like

In case it’s escaped you over the past decade, when it comes to Europe we are massive losers against the actual best. Europa is a level we can actual compete at, the CL obviously isn’t.