Alexis Sánchez

Well I mentioned the Champions League because as we know its the only competition we both compete in so you can’t complain about the CL being weak like you do with Serie A. It is about winning but I think its fair to say if we made a Champions League Final in recent times I would be a lot less critical of Wenger.

If we lost the CL final you would be being a little bitch about wenger as usual don’t chat shit

Didn’t blame Wenger when we lost the 2006 final so don’t chat shit. Its all irrelevant though as Bayern will send us out on our arse again in the Round of 16, then we can focus on our favourite battle for top 4.

Look at how happy he is :slight_smile:

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/423x310/jan_17/zp_693718047_SM_9857_9C9024E31CA8A404B527CEA5701058CF_4615.jpg

1 Like

that has to be some of the worst reasoning i’ve ever heard. Leicester won the league deservedly. Furthermore, the team currently running away with the league finished what, 10th? (really can’t remember).

Given Serie A is a pub league?

I’d say below the top 6/7 teams in Italy the quality is about championship level

1 Like

Given available resources its not an unreasonable thought tbh. Although id imagine grass roots football in italy to be on par if not better than England.

1 Like

Oops, wrong thread. I thought the title was Alexis Sanchez.:sanchez2:

Do his dogs want a payrise as well?

When did I say Leicester didn’t deserve to win the league last year ?

Address the important part. The team running away with our league atm finished nowhere.

We will just have to agree to disagree again, I think Juventus have been and currently are the superior team to us and you think otherwise.

Juventus are comfortably the better team. Head to head I think we could compete with them but over a season they’re insanely well organised and efficient compared to us. Their formation is pretty fucking solid and it’s a bit hard to see where Özil and Alexis would fit into their line up because of that and because of the players they already have, especially with Özil. Cazorla could actually be a good shout but it’s hard to argue any of our players would completely usurp theirs. At best we can match them in certain areas but it’s hard to say they could better them man to man (especially with their set up).

Well you haven’t played an Italian team for quite some time. The most recent examples we can call upon are juventus against Man City. Juventus had a fair few players out and still played them off the park home and away. The next most recent is a certain 2012 encounter im sure everyone here would rather forget when Arsenal went 45 minutes not being able to score a goal past a defense containing Djemal Mesbah. MESBAH.

After that it’s really just a couple times Arsenal and manutd beat milan and before that milan just beat everyone from england except in may 05.

The thing is, there are players in our starting lineup who can play in Juve’s starting lineup easily. But the issue is as a squad they have much more quality and depth overall and that isn’t really something I feel is close.

They’ve got Benatia, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Rugani and also Caldara as their CB options whereas we have Koscielny, Mertesacker, Mustafi, Gabriel and Holding. That’s not even comparable.

Not to mention up front they have Higuain, Dybala, Mandzukic & Kean whereas we have Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez and Walcott as our striking options.

Marchisio, Pjanic, Rincon, Lemina, Sturaro, Khedira, Asamoah, & Mandragora, Hernanes in midfield.

Cuadrado, Pjaca, Dybala, Coman (on loan at Bayern) for wide options. Plus they’ve just signed a promising young winger from Ascoli.

They have so much depth in their squad. Head to head we can beat anyone in world football but their squad has quality and depth in abundance whereas ours starts to look a bit thin when we lose a key player here and there.

Dybala mentioned for striker and wings and again no mention of Ozil :eyes:

Again, that midfield is not elite. Will stop them from toppling the top 3 in Europe.

1 Like

I see their squad differently - they operate a 3 CB system, so it stands to reason they would have greater depth there. Barzagli, Chiellini and Bonucci are undoubtedly proven, top drawer centre backs - the others are not. There’s no reason they couldn’t be found out in a league that is far more boom and bust than the rigid Serie A - many European centre backs who have been vogue one season are found out the next on moving here.

Their midfield to me looks aging and lacking in quality - Marchisio is a superb player but aging. I’d still rate Cazorla higher.

Their striking options are excellent. No argument they have the better set there - though if we’re including Dybala in two categories then we have to include Sanchez too, given this season. Sanchez, Giroud, Welbeck, Perez and Walcott is not exactly poor depth.

Wide options - Cuadrado? Let’s remember his tenure in the PL for a start. Coman is an unproven quantity in my books.

I genuinely don’t think there is much of a difference. The difference is likely the demands of either league and the focus of either coach. Organise Arsenal properly and you see a different brand IMO.

3 Likes

Nice post mate. I started typing a reply but I’m at work so I’ll get back to how I see it in a bit.

More recent reports say that Bayern will keep him