Alexis Sánchez

Don’t know how the tone was as I didn’t see Wenger say it. Got the above text from arseblog news!

I’d like to imagine we are past the days of selling our best players to our rivals. If it did happen, we would literally be undoing 3-4 years of solid progress as a big club.

Suggest everyone to worry about his departure when time comes.
We are talking about minimum of 11 months in future.
getting worried from now will benefit no one & only make the place more sad than it already is.

3 Likes

Given how slowly transfers appear to move at the club I think we should be worried about it now!

Don’t forget that this is the same club that delayed buying Marouane Chamakh for 12 months so we could get him on a free. Arsene gets so fixated on one particular player (not even a type of player) that we may as well start looking for Alexis replacements now in order to figure out whether we can buy them.

Action & Panic are two different things.
Club should start taking necessary action but since we have no say or transparency to their actions; all us fans can do is panic.
I hope we do so later, rather than each time Sanchez shrugs.

@Craigie How smug are ya?

1 Like

Our chilean beast is truly back!

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/779750242346475520

The penalties :sanchez2:

2 Likes

He definitely looks more ‘fluid’ this season. Refreshed if you will. He always had that tenacity but more of his decisions seem to connect compared to last season. Great hunger for the first goal, what a demon!

Masterclass display again. He just leads by example sometimes it seems, when he dashes around like a ripped bulldog on steroids whose arse is on fire it must be hard to not put in a shift to try and win the game if you’re on his team. How else could you look him in the eye afterwards lol

When was the last time we saw our CFs sprint straight at the opposition?
So glad we are giving Sanchez as CF experiment a try.
If it works, we would finally have a world class striker.

And frees up the left for iwobi

And gives us giroud on the bench to come on if we need to change style

1 Like

At first I felt sanchez at cf wasn’t working, but in certain games it can be really good…especially if you have two pacey wingers along side him to properly close down the opposition like we did today. Loved how he was always encouraging Iwobi and Walcott to close down the chelsea defenders.

Alexis works as as a striker. It’s taken time and commitment but damn he’s our best CF option right now, specifically at home.

1 Like

We often criterise Wenger’s choices and reasons for putting players in certain positions, but give him his due, the Alexis experiment seems to be working well. Love it when he’s charging down on the defenders, not giving them a time to settle. Giroud can’t do that with his lack of pace.

That’s not to say Alexis up front is always going to work, but now we appear to have really good options up front if we need to stick Giroud back there, or Perez. And still got Welbeck to come back. It’s really nice to finally have choices to mix things up and have a plan B!

1 Like

This guy just plays like a street fighter mixed in with some top notch quality also.

2 Likes

1 Like

Play him where he wants.
Then pay him what he wants.

7 Likes

I still don’t love him up front but it’s hard to argue with a 3-0 against Chelsea. He was sensational.

1 Like