Alexis Sánchez

I think he is coming back from Swansea running. He just can’t stop moving. I wonder if he sleeps sometimes.

He can behave like a child all he wants as long as he sticks with us and continues scoring/assisting. I’ll even personally buy him a dummy!

3 Likes

His attitude on the field is by and large great, but I don’t believe that if we want that side of him we have to accept the side of him we saw today after he got substituted.

We were 4-0 up, he’d just bagged himself a goal to cap off the match, and we were bringing on Welbeck and Lucas. Wenger was completely within his rights to take him off. Lucas deserves whatever scant minutes he is given at the moment, as a new signing who has delivered in the aforementioned scant minutes he’s been afforded. Welbeck is returning from injury and needs minutes, and 4 up with fifteen minutes (including injury time) to go is the perfect time to do that. Both players who came on at that point need those minutes. Sanchez does not.

Instead of realising that, acknowledging that him coming off was for the benefit of his teammates and the squad/team in a wider sense, he behaved like an actual fucking child. Sulking about with his coat ostentatiously over his head in a “woe is me/look at the hardships I have to endure” manner, like the only thing in the world that matters is him. If it’s that big a deal, suck it up and address the issue in private with the manager. Seriously, that wasn’t a sign of his ambition, desire or commitment. That’s how the star player on an under 11 side would behave.

Rather pathetic tbh, and he’s gone down in my estimations a little bit.

13 Likes

His attitude may seem childish and probably is. HOWEVER, he cares about playing football, loves it, wants to put every inch of his soul into it and leave everything on the pitch. He wants to do the best he can do constantly. Most players you can’t say that about.

It’s extreme but you need to be extreme to be the best.

2 Likes

I also feel this way about my job, doesn’t give me the right to go around sulking like I’m the only one that matters.

1 Like

You probably aren’t as good at it though and people do sometimes sulk in their less glamerous roles

Not really relevant and a bit of a cheap shot.

We’re talking about team spirit and professional behaviour, doesn’t mean that @BergkampsLoveChild needs to be the Sanchez equivalent in his workplace.

His ‘antics’ are just passion. He never wants to rest.

3 Likes

I genuinely just think think he’s got the mind of a toddler in the body of an exceptional athlete.

Alexis is a god. A supremely rare breed even in the hyper competative world of professional sports.

I hope to god he stays.

1 Like

Probably seen the banner waiting for him at the next home game.

I think you are over-exaggerating a spur of the moment reaction. Albeit football is not exactly classed as an adrenaline sport, anyone who has played knows how much their poison levels raise in a game of football. I have seen pretty decent, kind people become someone very different and very ugly in a game of football. Sanchez sulked at being substituted at the spur of the moment. Big fucking deal. If Sanchez is giving Wenger attitude outside the pitch or in the training process because of incidents like this that’s another thing. But this doesn’t happen for the first time and there have been no signs that their relationship has been influenced by it in no way. Sanchez’s professionalism or performance levels haven’t dropped because he doesn’t like being substituted and wants to play all 90 minutes of every football game. Once the emotions of the game have cooled off, he has never expressed any further disappointment. I think he realizes well the reasons for which he is being substituted. I also think he is a top footballer with top attitude. Asking of him to do better than he is, is over the top perfectionism imo. He is human after all.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Probably got the hump because he was taken off and Ramsey got to stay on…
But its probably to do with ADRENALINE…now deep breaths and all will be well…

1 Like

He’s such an intense guy it’s more than possible hes just so in the zone whilst on the pitch he doesn’t even know what he’s doing for 5-10 minutes after a match and is just does some weird shit from time to time

I can understand of its genuinely a spur of the monet thing but it seems to happen too often for it to be that. How many times has he smoked when being subbed? Pretty much everytime he has a face like a squashed in bollock.

“Squashed in bollock”. What a lovely turn of phrase. LOL!

Sanchez has been bigging up Arsenal and Özil again. Come on lad, get the contract sorted.

1 Like

There were more than just those two tweets and i implore anyone to click into and read them all.

To me he comes accross as dedicated, to the point where he is actually fighting for us. Confident he signs.

Oh and, in before Aussie fucks another thread with his sadness.

1 Like