Alexis Sánchez

Sanchez/Ozil already did the big club thing though and won a League title. But yes, it’s not a certainty there are going to sign new contracts.

I just have a feeling that he’s the type of guy who wants to play and win as opposed to Ozil who appears to be the type of guy who wants to be comfortable where he plays.

I know it’s all speculation because the reality is that none of us actually know anything about the player’s personal lives. It’s just a gut feeling I have that Alexis won’t sign a new contract just like it’s a gut feeling I have that Ozil will. For the time being, however, I am eternally grateful that we have him on the team.

1 Like

You sure you know what eternally means mate? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Alexis is definitely ambitious, but he will pick his next destination(if) carefully.
He shines when he is the main man, not shadowed by Messi.

Bayern would come calling, i fear.

Arsenal goals stat wise since he joined us in Summer 2014.

This season, he’s scored 13 goals from 19 matches
Has made 114 overall appearances, 55 goals scored, that’s near enough a goal every two games.

He needs 26 or more to surpass his total from his first season. Only 4 behind what he managed last season already :slight_smile:

His club stats are very comparable with Henry at this stage of his career here, which is a wonderful comparsion with our all time top scorer. We must do everything we can to hang onto him long term. Not only does he have the making of reaching 100 goals, but all time top 10 is certainly achieveable.

I deeply hope he can carry form this all the way until May. I think the useful thing for us this season is if he does end up having a bad patch, Giroud hopefully will pitch in with some goals. No longer are we absolutely clinging onto one person to score up front, we can shed a load a little bit more evenly. Welbeck not far from returning either.

3 Likes

We are still heavily reliant on Ozil & Alexis.
Walcott has cooled down a bit.

Yes. It’s not like the days of Pires and Ljungberg who added 10 goals League goals each on top of what Henry & Bergkamp gave us.

Naw, we got Ox and Ramsey for that :wink:

Was always going to happen with a footballer as limited as Theo. Overall his season has still been a success though and hopefully he can end up with 20 goals in all competitions.

Lol he just scored last week wtf.

Played poorly apart from the goal though against bournemouth, his form has dipped considerably.

Guys…Guys
Listen

Guys. Guys Listen. Listen to me.

I figured out how we can make Alexis to sign a contract with us.

Ask me how.

I’m not going to ask you anything. Just get your ass over to the stadium and give Wenger your golden secret.

Since you insist, I will tell you.

We should give him these per week.

2 Likes

Either that or we abduct his dogs and threaten to send them to China, unless he signs.

Eh? Eh? What say?

So your plan is to:
A) give him all the dogs.
B) take away all the dogs.

I like it.

2 Likes

Good plan, Trion. And don’t forget a new piano, too. :sanchez2:

Pep categorically denied interest in signing Sanchez.

Honestly we should just give them what they want. We saw with RVP it isn’t worth the fucking cost and hassle trying to replace world class talent when you already have it.

1 Like