Alexis Sánchez

Trying harder plus scoring and assisting a fuck ton more than Arsh did.

1 Like

If only he could have got 4 against Liverpool on Sunday

Out of interest who are your top 5 favourite Arsenal players ?

Koshelny, Monreal, santi, ozil, belerin or maybe iwobi

Theo, Ox, Wilshere, Gibbs, and Welbeck.

Geeeez, the post quality on this forum has severely dropped in the past two weeks; this was a better place before 2 or 3 of the posters on here recently re-joined.

2/10 troll attempt. You lose marks for including Welbeck over Ramsey, thus failing to complete the original British core.

2 Likes

I didn’t include Ramsey cause he’s not English actually. I really love those guys though no trollmo.

I think so, yes. I think it is worth it to try as he has the quality to go behind. Honestly he did not have the most convincing game [against Liverpool] - he is one of them who is not completely ready physically. We did not dominate the game as much as we would have liked in midfield and he suffered a little bit from that as well. But on the flanks he uses a lot of energy by chasing back and I would like to use his energy sometimes a bit more efficiently by going behind the defenders as he is a good finisher. He has played centre forward at Barcelona.

He has similar qualities and he has a good timing to run behind the defenders. His run through in the first half [against Liverpool], when Monreal gave him the ball, he was just offside, by a fraction. Let’s see. It is interesting to see how well he copes there. He is technically top.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20160818/-he-has-similar-qualities-to-suarez-#fwp7jRGkI0Kz2XtL.99

1 Like

Yes Arsene, I have no doubt that Alexis can be our Suarez, in that he will fuck off to a proper big club next season, where he can play under a proper football manager who wants to win and not make a profit.

2 Likes

Probably the game played in a strange position has conditioned his performance, but with Giroud and him on the left he has still played a bad game. Lack of confidence + lack of consistency.

I wish him to not see him again as CF because is useless.

He won’t learn being a CF overnight. It will take time.

He not a CF and he will never be one Trion, I can count with one and a half hand the amount of times he’s played there and the only time he looked remotely decent was with Fabregas right behind him like a faux-striker.

Totally agree with this. He is our star player, and when you have such players in your team, you play to their strengths. You don’t handicap them because you don’t want to do what is needed. Arsene Wenger is losing the plot. If that stupid old man can’t find a striker that he thinks worthy of us, then let him play Giroud up front like he has been. But then, he doesn’t have the balls to do that cause he knows the shit will hit the roof if we continue to persist with Giroud, especially when he hits his lean patch.

This whole ploy of playing Sanchez as a striker stems from Wenger’s incapability of doing the right thing. I personally think we should play Giroud or Chuba upfront. I know it will be frustrating to watch but then we are used to it by now. If anything, we might just find out if Chuba can cut it at this level or not.

Would love to see his heatmap, because certainly didn’t seem to be playing as a striker.

Lol fail, yeah he was one of our worst players on the pitch tbh.

Was going to say this.
He may have been the CF but he was more or less playing in his preferred position.

The guy is not match fit and takes few games to get his form.

I think the core issue here, as someone else has said, was that by Alexis coming to his naturally preferred position, there wasn’t anyone playing that role of striker well (let alone at all).

Only watched the first half from the leicester game so far and I thought Walcott was more of the striker than Alexis was. Not sure if it’s really so much Alexis though or if it was simply half of the team not really knowing how to link-up in the final third. Everyone’s just hanging around the defenders trying to make some kind of run with no space to actually do so. As if they were waiting for a cross to come in.

1 Like