Alexis Sánchez

He definitely made the most out of it. Not sure if there was contact though or if it was a dive. Cuellar would call it good sportsmanship.

1 Like

He definitely got fouled didn’t he? Even if he didn’t fall it’s still a penalty.

Yes he got taken out by the defenders trailing leg, it wasn’t a dive.

1 Like

On the sports channel I watched here they managed to find still footage where it showed there was contact (on the trailing leg) but the studio guys were still on the fence. To me it looked like contact but maybe it was a tad soft, say it wasn’t given I wouldn’t have raved about it.

1 Like

If it’s a dive, it’s a 30 yard overhead kick kind of a dive. Absolutely superb work to the point I almost hope it was a dive.

My first and final opinion was that the position it’s coming from means it’s unlikely that a human would say “hey I can pull a dive off out of this”. It looks like he’s just completely missed, and it’s not like you can drag your leg into the defenders leg from there. I don’t think Alexis is the kind of player to never dive and he loves to go down and win a free kick but I don’t think he’s anywhere near enough of a diver to see that as a diving opportunity when he hasn’t seen it in other circumstances.

But what makes it clearly not a dive is the defenders reaction. If that was a dive he’d be livid, not on the floor crying in a pool of misery at what he’d done.

1 Like

My take on it was contact but not a great deal so it was one of those ones thats technically a foul or be it a soft penalty.

Slightly contact. Maybe not penalty at all.

ALEXIS :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

SO GOOD TODAY. YESSS

1 Like

He was everywhere today but part of me wishes he would calm the fuck down.

There was a minute during the first half where it looked like he pulled up a little lame. I know he wants to play every match and apparently play every position but it’s incumbent on the manager to tell him to either calm down or drop him for a game.

As I’m writing this it looks like Giroud has picked up an injury at the end of the match. All the more reason to preserve Alexis’ health.

Alexis, you beauty beast!

What a player.

Absolute dynamo - looks fully fit again and that is great news for us.

1 Like

By far the best player on the pitch, yet again.

https://streamable.com/e/dqus

2 Likes

Absolutely immense performance from this man, really is just a quality quality footballer.

Definitely our best player. However he needs a girlfriend, he brought up his dogs in his post match interview… I’m available.

5 Likes

Get in line bitch.

9 Likes

I fucking laughed when he mentioned his dogs :joy: Guess he prefers his bitches in canine form :ramsey:

4 Likes

The dog thing is really getting a bit out of hand.

1 Like