Alexis Sánchez

Wenger spent 12m on Cech that’s all.

And Wenger finished ahead of Pochentino.

And i made no excuses of Arsenal finishing behind Leicester. That’s embarrassing.
But somehow i feel Arsenal is more prosecuted than other clubs.

1 Like

So the players he bought in the previous seasons don’t count?

Is it because Wenger/our players talked about the “title chance” more than others?
I don’t know, just a guess.

Wenger - Bench’s that way.
Sanchez - Good to go.
Wenger - No, sit there on the bench
Sanchez - Me Alexis…Good to go.
Wenger - Yes Alexis… you. Bench …there
Sanchez - I go…I good to go.
Wenger - Sigh, do some warmup. Let me think about it.

Sanchez - Boss, ran Emirates 10 times. Good to go.
Wenger - Listen…
Sanchez - Good to go.

15 Likes

Every other club aren’t excused.

Every other big club who did worse than us were/are called shit because of it.

City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool. All shit last season. You’d be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn’t give them the criticism they deserve. (City weren’t in the same category of shit as the other three by any stretch, but by City’s standards it was a poor season)

We finished above City, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool and still didn’t win the league. We came second and still didn’t put up as good a title challenge as the team who finished third. For a team that have apparently been growing year on year that isn’t good enough. For a massive club that haven’t won the league in over a decade it isn’t good enough to let such an opportunity slip.

I don’t understand how an Arsenal fan couldn’t be mad about last season. I honestly don’t.

5 Likes

Probably because you use an Arsenal forum and not forums of the other teams?

3 Likes

100 new posts, naturally thought Sanchez was dead.

Glad he’s good to go.

12 Likes

Because it was supposed to be our opportunity. We had been fighting City, United and Chelsea for years (nobody cares about Liverpool), they all had been winning titles and we’ve been following them and kept finishing on a distance. Players were leaving us for those clubs etc. They finally screwed up all three and we could not have asked for a better scenario to finally win the League after everything and we still fucked up. That’s why Arsenal can’t be prosecuted enough for what happened last season.

1 Like

Lads you are making the Perez thread jealous with all the off topic posts in here. :wink:

Keep thinking something as happened to Alexis when it’s just BS arguments

1 Like

Because defending Mr Wenger is more important to some than this club actually receiving good results.

That’s bullshit. And sorry @Calum you are right!

1 Like

Even though I think we ultimately should only care about ourselves (and in that respect I think we were fucking shit), what you said is still absolutely 100% true. While we were shit, the other teams in contention this year besides Spurs were the absolute runt of the shitter. They were a disgrace to their own reputations. The only fair way to put it is that City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Liverpool were all dog shit but Arsenal were the least shit of a bad bunch.

Yet people don’t even consider that at all. I hear every excuse in the book for those teams and then when those excuses run out, you’ll get the Claude diatribe of “stop focusing on other teams and look at our fucking selves”.

I understand the need to be realistic and all but some people take it to a point where they only apply that perspective to us and then start waxing lyrical about all the other teams. Moment you get people wanking off to any little promising thing another team does it all gets unbelievably ridiculous. Realism should be applied across the board otherwise it’s just some perpetual defence mechanism that’s almost as deluded as the overly optimistic ideas they attack.

4 Likes

People did consider that. Thats why none of those clubs have the managers that put them in that position.

1 Like

It’s the international break, what do you expect if not off topic posts and bullshit arguments? Lol

1 Like

That doesn’t rectify last season, does it?
Last season happened. Change of managers doesn’t erase the shittiness of other clubs last season.

The shittiness is documented now.

In all that documented shittiness, Arsenal were comfortably less shitty than other big shitters.

So what’s your point?

Yep. They also ran.

The point was related to looking at point tally discussion between SDGooner & Oliver.
Now I have gone so out of context of that discussion, I kinda forgot my main point. :sweat_smile:

If he prefers we could be in the politics threads :smiley: