Alexis Sánchez

Where has this idea come from that a new manager always needs at least a season or two before they can be competitive?

haha, no, Trion. You didn’t oust anything, because you literally can’t even see what I’m talking about. I’m sorry I play with you, but it’s genuinely funny/interesting to me, it’s just like with Brady (tbh I’m not actually playing with you, this time and the last time I actually genuinely expected you would catch the logic at some point/that it was too obvious for me to need to spell out for you), you are so dead-set on an opinion that you literally can’t see the massive Empire State Building sized contradictions you yourself erect right next to you.

You’ve said what’s their excuse? I said that you do realise that all 4 of those clubs had their manager sacked last season.

As in, logic suggests to us, what’s the difference between those clubs and us, suggested by the point I highlight? Simply that those clubs found their managers’ performance inexcusable, as in they had no excuse.

What?
You really can’t see the advantage Wenger has, having twenty seasons to build a team rather than Pochettino or Ranieiri with lesser players, far less money and a less settled side.

1 Like

[quote=“InvincibleDB10, post:503, topic:98, full:true”]

If I had spouted so much excuse for Arsenal, I would be mocked for going lengths.

Pellegrini was not ‘new’ and had league’s mist expensive team. A team which won him title.
Mourinho had second expensive team in league which won his title before.
Van Gaal spent 60m on 19 year old alone.

When you spend so much, it doesn’t matter if you are new.

If a new Arsenal manager had spent 200-300m in his first season and failed as badly as those, you wouldn’t be spouting new manager bullshit.

That’s not at all what I said or implied. Please re-read my post.

That’s the explanation of why they sacked them.
The discussion is about WHY they performed poorly.

Gosh you are dumb.

The explanation of WHY they performed poorly is already implicit in the fact that they were sacked (and the fact that they have all–minus the team who chose a manager that was one of those who was sacked–performed much better after). Very confused discussions are not needed for very simple/evident points.

That is why I highlight the fact that we were the only club NOT to sack our manager (you see, capital letters and all trying to be as clear as possible). Because the explanation for why we performed poorly WOULD also be implicit in the fact that we sacked our manager, if we in fact had. The difference is that we don’t sack our manager.

Just because I can follow logical patterns of thought and see things that are implied by a premise doesn’t mean I’m dumb, Trioncito. :wink: From my experience with you and Brady I know it seems that way to you though. :slight_smile:

That’s like saying
The reason WHY I found an apple inedible is because I threw it away.

Not because it tasted shit or not because it was rotten or not because they had worms.

But it was inedible because I threw it away.

Are all people from Spain prone to lack logic?

no, lol, it’s not at all like that. That apple had been tasted already over a period of years, to try and follow your analogy.

Here, I’ll just go ahead and spell it out for you:

The reason Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, and Arsenal did not win the title last season, is because they were all poorly managed. Only the first four made proactive steps to rectify that issue.

ay yay yay, TrionLogic :joy: . You’ve really made my day.

Arsenal, Chelsea United, City and Liverpool didn’t win the title last season because there was a squad with only three loss during a campaign.

Sigh go back and read the discussion again.

I guess Sanchez is gonna push to play.

I fucking hope so, I don’t fancy our chances to get anything regardless but he’s probably our best weapon.

3 Likes

Yet 81 pts is a totally average total for a league winner, more than achievable for a decently managed big club in a league at its absolute ebb.

1 Like

When you quote me, can you quote the whole message and let people know what I said in before and after?
The way you quote people, is like simply picking one sentence randomly from the bible and then open fire to the church.

did you actually say that though? :smile:

Sorry.
I misread your post.

Be honest, I don’t remember.

I was not saying @Trion quoting me wrong, he might be right and I did said that.
The only thing I don’t like is, he just quoted one sentence and not quite fair to me.

“Fuck you, Giroud”, could mean he just waste a chance to score and we yell at him
“Fuck you, Giroud”, could also mean someone wants to have intercourse with him

So, just quoting me one sentence, and it may not even the exact same wordings I used, is not fair.
Anyway, this was not the most outrageous things I have said, so… what’s the big deal???
Yes, I believe we should concentrate on transfers instead of a bus parade… and??

A text from Alexis saying he’s fine though doesn’t mean much. His definition of ‘fine’ is a lot different from most others. He’s often carried injuries in the past and said to the boss “I’m ok to play” and boom, injury eventually flares up.

So I’m going to take that text with a pinch of salt.

[quote=“Trion, post:507, topic:98, full:true”]

[quote=“InvincibleDB10, post:503, topic:98, full:true”]

When you spend so much, it doesn’t matter if you are new.
[/quote]So that should apply to Wenger as well then.
He outspent Leicester and spurs by loads, so by your reckoning, Wenger should be a long way ahead of both these clubs last season, especially given the fact he has been in the PL so long, and has far superior players.

The facts are LVG took over Man U when they were in a mess, but Wenger has had a lot longer to get a more settled side.
Liverpool just got Klopp
Chelsea sacked Mourinho after a few games.
Pochettino was new, spent less money and only had Kane who would get in our first team.
Ranieiri also was new, spent less money and probably no player who would get in our first team.
As for Pellegrini, you’re probably right, he should have done better with the money he spent.