Alexis Sánchez

Very true, however we need him now more than ever. Losing a player we cannot replace is something we should do when we arent in such a bad position.

1 Like

Besides, I have no doubt in my mind Wenger is trying to win the title. Sure he might suck ass at building a team, but he in his mind thinks he’s gonna compete for a title. So selling Alexis away is like basically giving up on the season after 3 matches. If the plan is to rebuild and buy younger guys then by all means sell Alexis, but that’s not the plan at all, so there’s really absolutely zero reason to sell, of course unless you as a fan just love the idea of that money sitting in the bank.

What we need to do is put a plan in place for after Wenger. We are incredibly ill prepared for after the next 1,5 years. But he’s probably delusional enough to think he can win and keeps Sanchez because of it.

In my mind I think I’m going to marry Ryan Gosling one day. Unfortunately though, I don’t get paid 8 million a year to be that delusional

1 Like

Ahh I like the analogy! So yeah maybe you will never be with Ryan Gosling but just because you can’t be with him are you going to just let yourself go, start eating nothing but pies and fish and chips, and stop excercising? No of course not. You need to stay in shape and look good because who knows Godsling might meet you and be enchanted with your english accent (wining the PL) or maybe you’ll meet a look-alike Gossling and end up with him (FA Cup + Community Shield). None of that happens if you don’t try.

1 Like

Hahahahahahaha. Good one.

3 Likes

LOL. I’m competing with Eva Mendes. I have as much chance as Arsenal do of winning the league. I don’t want to end up with the community shield, thanks.

1 Like

Fine if you don’t fancy a look-alike but still you have to stay fit, I’m sure you don’t want to be obese. Losing Sanchez would start our club into the decent of eating our feelings. Carbicide if you will. At least I think that’s what we were talking about :grin:

I actually agree. Because knowing this manager there would be no clear rebuilding strategy whatsoever if Sanchez left. We’re gonna reach that stage anyway tho, this was just delay.

1 Like

I have no idea what we were talking about, I started fantasising about Ryan Gosling and got distracted :grin:

2 Likes

It’s funny, I thought that this transfer window would really be the one where we would have to sort out all the problems regarding contracts for Sanchez and Ozil and a replacement for Cazorla, and yet all Wenger has done is exactly what you said, delayed it for yet another season.
I have to hand it to him, it takes a genius to do nothing at all.

He’s so good at deceiving the supporters, he should be an illusionist.
Although, at the end of this season it’s going to take some sort of Derren Brown type mass hallucination to get himself out of that mess.

Wenger can get us CL. Things look bleak right now, but he does it pretty consistently. We need that CL money and we need to be in that comp to attract certain players. Wenger at minimum can do that and get us in the CL for when we actually do rebuild. Of course there’s no gurantee we will actially rebuild or change our transfer policy. There is a very real possibility that they will just move Wenger upstairs

He has done it pretty consistently. But now with Liverpool and Spurs making another step the only thing he had going for him is in jeopardy. We’ll see if last season was an incident or not.

1 Like

When we were in the CL consistently we had to contend with Man U and Chelsea.
Then Man City came along, followed by Liverpool and more embarrassing, spurs.

Also, all the other top clubs have strengthened significantly with better players better managers than Wenger, or both.
Even Everton have strengthened more than we have in the transfer window and have a manager who seems to know what he’s doing.

Unless some of these clubs slip up, or the team that let us down so badly last season decides to start playing like they should, it will still be difficult because we have a manager who won’t change.

All the opposition clubs have had serious investment and have showed ambition while we have just stagnated even further.

Sanchez could be a problem rather than the player to get us a top four place, and just because we used to be consistently in the CL doesn’t mean anything.
We could just as easily fall further behind.

Can’t believe this didn’t occur to me sooner, but one of the low points of our summer could yet be Bolivia 1 - 0 Chile.

If Chile don’t at least make that 5th place playoff then we’ve lost one of the main drivers for Sanchez to keep playing at his maximum.

2 Likes

BACK IN THE GAME

1 Like

Lol! So weird to see him still at Arsenal :wink:

Told you he’d be ready, look at him already sucking up to the fans. He will sign an extension soon enough.

Goes to show how much BS come from South American news. A public commitment to this season was nice, puttng the goods up on the pitch will be better

2 Likes

I’m starting to think Ozil signed because he knew he would have it easy here. And he does.