Alexis Sánchez

I’m not explaining my point very well…

I don’t think Stan manages at that level, unless he has to. If the board and Wenger are genuinely split then Stan will make the final call is what I’m trying to imply.

And I don’t know that as fact but after the way the contract decision went down I think its fairly clear that’s how things operate.

1 Like

Sanchez called up for internationals at the end of August with the Chilean manager stating that their knowledge is he’s available. That doesn’t sound so great.

Always been the way with him. His country is desperate, without Alexis they are flat.

Well Arsene said that he will be out a while. So something isn’t right.

Arsene said he’s likely to be available for Liverpool also and that is before internationals.

He said he would be short for Stoke, and that’s it.

So it’s a no-brainer that he would be ready for internationals by the end of the month.

He will play injured for Chile if he has to. Always does

1 Like

He said he’s back for Liverpool. No reason why he wouldn’t play for Chile then

2 Likes

Ok thanks for making me feel better all 4 of you.

1 Like

C’mon Alexis! Hurry up! We need you :hipster:

What’s the point of keeping Alexis here?

Arsenal aren’t challenging for the league with him due to too many other deficiencies across the pitch. Is it to see if Arsenal can win the Europa League and gain CL qualification that way?

He’s probably gone from bewildered to put off by Wenger’s steadfast refusal to strengthen the team.

If you’re Alexis, would you “go all out” on the pitch for this team and risk injury that would lower a monster payday from another club?

2 Likes

The point of keeping him here is he’s world class and when he leaves fuck knows when we will sign another world class player.

2 Likes

we probably wont, might end up sticking nelson there. He looks a good prospect though but chucking him at the deep end to take over sanchez might be a bit much on the kid.

Look, Alexis will “go all out” on the pitch. It’s the nature of the beast.

I was thinking this too, don’t really see the point of keeping a player in a team that has no chances at the title when he’s going to leave next season on a free. But who can we sell him to at this point? PSG look to be going for Mbappé and will City still want another attacker? They already have a conundrum how to find playing time for Sané, Bernardo, and Sterling…

Chelsea maybe?

I hate the idea of selling him, but it seems better than letting him leave on a free. My thought in Wenger’s adamant stance on keeping him was to add some additional talent around him, perhaps making him pause to think that Arsenal could match his ambitions on the pitch. While Laca is a good signing and start, it’s pretty clear that the midfield (Xhaka) and the defense behind him are the keystone cops right now. Sure, some of that will be alleviated when Kos returns, but more talent is needed to help shore things up.

Chelsea makes me want to puke, because he would make them into a much better squad, up there with Citeh. I think that PSG would be the choice–are they really still in for Mbappe? Seems like twitter in the know bollocks to me.

3 Likes

True. I’ve watched him in some Copa de America matches when he was clearly not 100% and should have been subbed off, giving what he still had for Chile. Even on the rare games when he wasn’t playing well for Arsenal, it wasn’t due to lack of effort.

I’m just wondering out loud since it is crystal clear now that Arsenal are not interested in challenging for the league title, if it gives him some pause this season to “play with the handbrake on a bit” to make sure that he is fine at seasons’ end when he can go to another club to win some titles.

1 Like

What’s the point in Arsenal keeping their best player? Are you an Arsenal fan or Alexis fan?

Also a player won’t get as big a contract offer if they play poorly in their last year of contract, they’re essentially playing to ‘show me the money’ every game.

2 Likes

better fucking hurry up then considering we only have a little time left in this transfer window and all the decent players are being taken by other clubs.

1 Like

Now that the fee for world class has gone from 50 to 100million+, Arsenal won’t likely be in the mix for those players to begin with, much less with a manager that is reticent to spend.

I’m an Arsenal fan and yes, watching Alexis is great. I’m thinking that Arsenal might be better off with the money now instead of a season of somewhere around 5th to 7th place with him. Getting the money now and investing in several younger players for the new manager to have a foundation to work with in two years. Having another groundhog day season of a struggle for 4th place isn’t going to get the club closer to a title. Having a change of direction just might.

1 Like