Alexis Sánchez

I think he loves his dogs more than his girlfriend.

What are you insinuating :cech:

He spends more time with his dogs than with his girlfriend :grimacing:

in what way :cech: :bellerin: :henry2:

1 Like

He definitiely spreads peanut butter over his balls and makes her lick it off, or something.

6 Likes

:cech:

https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/897732904066985984

Back next weekend!

2 Likes

We’re so fucked in this situation.

£50m isn’t a lot in a market where players like Coutinho, Dembele and Mbappe are being priced at £150m+.

If we did sell him and cash in, we’d have no one to spend the money on because:

a.) Who’s good enough and available to actually come in him and replace his impact and goals?

b.) Whoever we do identify and go for, their club will know we are cash rich and will fucking extort us.

c.) It’s so late in the game, that most selling clubs will find it impossible to replace whoever it is they are selling, so they’re reluctant to sell to us.

Mahrez is an unknown element, Monaco have been raided so won’t sell Lemar, Hazard is a key man at Chelsea, Bale would probably only ever leave Real for United etc. etc.

The only scenario we ever had of turning Sanchez’ departure into a positive was picking up someone like James Rodriguez who was surplus to requirements at Real and happy to leave, and who would have made an excellent replacement but we were never in the running for that.

So now we either sell for £50m and fail to buy anyone because of my first three points or pay £100+ for someone who won’t necessarily be as good as Sanchez OR we force Sanchez to stay, lose him on a free and the £50m which would at least have gone some of the way for the £100m fee we’d be looking at and are just even further out of pocket without anything necessarily to show for it.

Either way, stay or leave, we’re stood with our dick in our hands regardless. Add to that the fact that Ozil is probably going to leave as well, and we’re facing the very probable reality of having to pay £300m for 2 on-par replacement players.

The “win the lottery” outcome is if we force Sanchez to stay and we somehow manage to win the league and that convinces him to sign on or Iwobi and Nelson both turn on the turbo boosters and have a 20 goal 10 assist season.

Arsenal Football Club - Victoria Concordia Crescit

:joy:

4 Likes

Not seen the full quotes yet, definitely wasn’t from the press conference.

Much like what Klopp is saying about Countinho. I feel like it’s passing the buck a little, especially like someone in Wengers position. No way will Stan sell without his blessing, just won’t happen.

1 Like

Arsene Wenger says that although it’s his decision to keep Alexis Sanchez this summer, he could be overruled by the board.

However, he believes that he has the backing of those above him despite the fact that selling the Chilean could bring in a substantial amount of money this summer.

The Arsenal manager’s message has been consistent all through the off-season about his desire to keep Sanchez at the club, although there have been some whispers that the prospect of losing such a valuable asset for free has given some of the people at board level pause for thought.

“It’s my decision,” he said, “but after the board has to of course agree with me. And if they don’t agree we have to consider it as well, and I will accept it.

“But the board is behind me on that.”

ARSEBLOG NEWS

Non story then lol.

When he says board he means Stan. I doubt chips and harry are authorised to sell a match ticket.

1 Like

I think he means the actual board rather than Stan individually. I mean it is their job to handle the day to day running of the club. Doubt Stan is all that clued up in what goes on with all his other business interests

If a £70m/£80m bid comes in I’d like us to accept it and for he board to come out and say they over ruled wenger and take the heat for him for a change

1 Like

That sounds to me like he (Wenger) is trying to leave himself some leeway in his stance in case he decides to sell Alexis.

1 Like

And accepting £70m for Sanchez isn’t the worst idea IMO, if we can do that and allow the board to shoulder responsibility that’s no bad thing

Thats sounds like a story for everyone else interested in Sanchez.

Wengers saying Basically, if you bid high enough, my arm will be twisted by the board.

We are not turning down 70m for Sanchez if it comes in. No way.

Wengers playing the ‘we want to keep him’ car’ coz at the moment Sanchez’ stock is low due his contract. Its literally the only card left to play in this sort of situation to keep Sanchez’ value as high as possible.

Come on people, have you not learnt anything? Never, and I mean NEVER, pay any attention to what Wenger says. If you do, you are just being naive. He is a brilliant man and can always back what he says with convincing justification, even if he says exactly the opposite of what he said earlier. It’s all smoke and mirrors with him.

Personally, I just want the fucking transfer window to close so we know exactly the kind of shit we are in and I can set my expectations accordingly.

3 Likes

I think you’re nuts if you think Stan isn’t fully aware of what and who are the clubs most valuable and saleable assets.

The board are a legal requirement and not much more than that. If Wenger wants to go against them he’ll just go right to Stan as proved by the new contract.

1 Like

I seriously doubt he micromanages Arsenal to that extent. The £60M that Alexis is worth accounts for very little in the grand scheme of things.

The no evidence of Stan getting involved with personnel decisions lower than management level at any of his franchises.

For a self contained entity like Arsenal where he isn’t even vested beyond his shares, I think his main concerns are that the club is run well, beyond that he’ll leave everything else to Wenger

I’ll be honest the dynamic of our Board and how it works in relation to Stan and Wenger is something I wish I knew more about. I haven’t heard anything concrete beyond rumours and assumptions

1 Like