Alexis Sánchez

Le Parisien are about as reliable as Welbeck is in front of goal.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/ArsenalTSN/status/887779482265956352

Only L’Equipe is reliable in France.

Fuck off PSG!! Sign Neymar

1 Like

PSG and any FIFA career mode have the same approach to signings. So annoying.

Ehm. Do we not want to move Sanchez to another competiition? Assuming it’s a certainty he won’t sign a new contract.

I still remain torn… we probably aren’t relevant for title next year anyway with our other issues so I wouldn’t be totally against selling him to PSG for good price in order to reinvest for the next manager (essentially).

Tough one - I can’t help but feel like with the right mix of luck and keeping Sanchez and adding Lemar that we by some miracle go on a big run, but realistically I think we still have some unsettled situations tactically (new formation and personnel) and issues in CM that I don’t think will be solved quickly enough at this point.

I guess my heart says keep him and my head says if the price is right, make the move now and invest for the next 5+ years.

1 Like

I honestly don’t care how much any club offer us for Sanchez just reject it and keep him for next season, honestly I would rather lose him for free next summer then sell him this summer. He might even end up signing a new contract if we could persuade him with more top class signings and actually challenging for the league, and if he does end up going on a free next summer then at least we got to see him for another season

From the club’s perspective this is the worst way to plan. We probably wouldn’t be relevant for the title without Alexis. But with him still here and some high quality additions, a full season with this new formation, we might be. Why should we give up on the league and break our morale now for £40m-60m? At the very least keeping him gives ourselves the best chance to reclaim a place back in the Champions League. That is worth a fair portion of that fee alone isn’t it? Really not sure why people are so torn about this. Keeping Alexis is so crucial to this club right now.

5 Likes

We plan this way every year lol. We haven’t been relevant realistically in a long time and last year we were how many points off?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/parisunited6/status/888137043980767233

Agreement between PSG and Alexis. Will now offer €45M then if rejected €50M

Considering the Fees this mob offers that really is an insult.

1 Like

I want 75m at least. French dicks.

3 Likes

Not for an one year contract.

Simply not worth selling him at that price.

1 Like

We’re beggers at this point. Not choosers. This football club will pick the money not the player anyway.

It would at least have him play outside of the Premier League in a year’s time which is a bonus.

I think we’ll take the PSG offer as an acceptable middle ground between two difficult extremes.

I also think it subsequently won’t help our cause in trying to prise Lemar away from their domestic title rivals Monaco, but oh well, that ship has probably sailed anyway.

4 Likes

Alexis isn’t going anywhere.

Fuck off with 50 million. 80 million and we can think about it. In fact, since we want to keep him anyway, we should be asking for 100 million. If PSG make us that offer, we let him go. That’s how every other club that has a “want away” world class player does business. Why the fuck should we be any different?

1 Like