Alexis Sánchez

Alexis is a durable animal, will probably play another 35 + league games next season, I’d also prefer them to be at Arsenal and not Citeh.

Yea I don’t think he is being a cunt, I don’t think he will be a cunt but if he does turn into one by trying to force a move to a team in the same league as us we have to match it.

That’s why I think Wenger will get someone like Mahrez or Lemar and then sell Sanchez to recoup some of the money.

But I certainly agree that we are going to find it almost impossible to sign any elite players when we have always had trouble keeping the few we already have.

If Wenger had started being a bit more proactive in the transfer market since we bought Ozil and Sanchez, we would have still been in the CL, and maybe would have pushed on in the PL and CL, and they might have signed new contracts.

Still, Wenger signed a new contract, so that’s the main thing :wink:

1 Like

It’s going to be van Persie all over again (minus that whole website thing that ppl attached FAR too much importance to) and once again I’ll come down on the side of the player. Sanchez owes Arsenal nothing, and if we fail to prevent him moving there it’s our fault for both being A) spineless and B) not doing enough to be the biggest fish in our pond

If I had to make a prediction I’d say if we don’t sell him he will pick up an injury the first game after the window shuts and if we sell him to city he will be fine

We wont sell Sanchez to City. It would be PR suicide. Make him stay and let him go for free. At least that way we can show we at least made some sort of stand. Fuck the money it isnt worth it.

5 Likes

But shouldn’t we be at a stage where we are past bitterness and resentfullness for these kind of moves? Fact of the matter is that we have a new place in the football foodchain.

Although there is not place for rationality as a fan I guess.

I’m usually well up for a bit of self deprecation but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

That’s like saying “I’m perfectly fine with the fact that my beloved wife left me for another man because he has a nicer car and a bigger dick.”

2 Likes

i hate to say it but selling our best players to rivals is kinda ‘our thing’. :smile:

No. I’m not ready to accept we’re that shit, we haven’t sold anyone to a rival for a few years so I’ll be fucked if I’m just going to smile and accept re-entering that phase again.

There’s no logic to that whatsoever and is uncharacteristically pessimistic for you, but OK :grin:

1 Like

Less pessimism and more just pre empting any disappointment, If he does go city and doesn’t get injured I can still imagine if we had kept him he would have got injured

So, pessimism then.

Suggesting a scenario that would make the worst possible outcome feel less painful isn’t pessimism in my book

Arsenal fans furious as world class player does not want to play Europa league football and fight for finishing top4.

Not seeing a lot of fury aimed at Sanchez tbh

Wait until he joins City…

1 Like

Looks like I might have misunderstood you there, my bad

According to Wenger, said world class player did not step up to keep us out of the EL and in the CL so they cant complain :arteta:

The frustrations will be aimed at our management this time around much more than Sanchez. This isn’t RvP 2.0, far from.

Sanchez has no obligation to us other than his contract. He wasn’t brought up by Wenger or the club. The attachment to us is nothing to what RvP was for us, he was one of us. We are wealthy now so there is no excuse, none whatsoever. This will be pure negligence by our board and manager and fans will rightly go mad if Alexis is sold without an adequate replacement. No doubt about it.

7 Likes

Agreed, but if he doesn’t sign what plan of action would you take?

Personally I think keeping him for his final year is probably the best move we could make even if it means he moves to City in the end.