Alexis Sánchez

I’m pretty sure it’s gonna happen tbh, multiple good sources have been reporting for a while now that City are very confident they’ll get him.

Exactly. Once the confed cup is over we’ll know more

If the rat goes to city, not too different to Van Persie tbh.

Little ball hogging pashun merchant cunt

4 Likes

Honestly I’d let’s just keep him. His contribution will help in our EL campaign and secure top four. We’ll be in a much better place at the end of next season to find his replacement.

Alexis is at the age where he can really afford to strop if he’s held at the club. If he wants to go on a free he’ll have to put up performances which advertise his ability. Even there a good chance he could stay if we throw money and long term deal at him when he’s 29

3 Likes

I’d rather put him in the fucking reserves or just not play him at all than sell him to city. We may as well accept we’ll never win the fucking league again if we’re still doing this shit in 2017. If he’s gonna be a cunt the we gotta be a cunt too.

10 Likes

So many outlets have said bayern and city and whoever else have made £55m bids for Sanchez and then Ornstein comes out and says there have been absolutely no bids and people lose their mind saying he’s not posting any news.

How is that not news?! He’s disproving all the fake rumours from sky and shitty itks and everyone else. He even says sanchez may sign a new deal when everyone has been saying he definitely won’t.

4 Likes

C’mon that tweet might have well as said “Sanchez, fucked if I know.”

2 Likes

So many bullshits on Twitter these days.

1 Like

He’s more than proved himself now. If he was free, several teams would be in for him - even if he didn’t play a single minute all season!

Probably not as many teams, or necessarily teams of quite as high a calibre. It would totally make sense for him to play well in order to maximise the amount of options he’d have and wages he could earn.

Or we could take the 50m and put to towards a top player this season before the prices are inflated even more.

There is no point in keeping an unhappy player.
We saw how his tantrums disrupted the team last season, and if that does happen, there’s no chance he will sign at the end of next season.

As I said before, losing him to a rival is bad enough but to see him playing against us for a rival, when he has gone there on a free, is unacceptable.

It’s not like we haven’t done it before, so it’s something we have got used to.

Yeah of course, and I have no doubt that he will play and will try his hardest. He doesn’t seem the type of player to have hissy fits. And we’d be cutting off our nose to spite the face if we refused to play him.

But I just meant it’s not essential for him to play well to get a decent move - if he doesn’t have a great season he’ll still have options based on the fact that there is no £50m price tag. I mean, it looks like we’re still willing to pay a lot of actual cash for Mahrez who hasn’t had a great season but we know what he can do based on the season before. So if a player like Sanchez becomes available on a free it’d be silly for teams to not be in for him. I’d know I’d be annoyed if I supported a rival and we didn’t try and get him.

A few people on here have been making these points, but I think this all sums it up quite nicely. I’ve recently become convinced that we just have to put our foot down now and not allow ourselves to be made to look like a bunch of spineless cunts again.

Because this. We just can’t let a rival in our league take the absolute piss out of us in 2017, otherwise what the fuck has been the point of the last few years.

If we sell him to City we might as well just give up.

1 Like

Has he ever stayed at one club for more that 2/3 seasons?

If he does go I will be praying his policy of playing every single game possible even if his leg is basically falling off finally comes back to haunt him, Surely eventually his body has to break down

What sort of big name player will we be able to convince though when we are only in EL and our best player has just walked out ?

2 Likes

You’d think so, he hasn’t had a real pre-season in how long?

Kinda why I think clubs would be a little cautious if we kept him another year and he had a poor season. He’d be almost 30 at that point too.

1 Like

How is he being a cunt? We have failed to provide Sanchez and Ozil an environment in where they can win. It only makes sense for those kind of players to go somewhere where they can win.

4 Likes

I think just in the sense that he might move to a PL rival rather than because he wants to leave, almost nobody, least of all Shammy I reckon, would deny our negligence.

Moving to City wouldn’t necessarily make him a cunt if we’re totally honest, but football fans are incredibly tribal, we’re always going to be a bit bitter and resentful of a player moving domestically when we don’t want him to.

I see what Shammy is saying.

2 Likes

Exactly, he will break down eventually, If we can get £50m for him and he is finally hit by the fitness issues we all assume will kick in after every international window then it would be a brilliant bit of business

And yet it hasn’t happened, despite us apparently all expecting it to happen.

I wouldn’t bank on it happening at this stage either.