Alexis Sánchez

We simply couldn’t supplement Aguero’s fitness with a ridiculous depth of talent the way City can. We have too many players that like to take a couple of months off every season as it is without adding another one.

Of course swap deals never happen but I suppose if we had to lose Alexis this would be the best scenario in which to do so but still, obvious clickbait is obvious.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean, more just contemplating on Agüero’s fall in the eyes of football fans from godly-striker to expendable meh commodity, and whether that’s right or whether he’s still got some top class football left in him in a different set-up. The injury thing has been shown to be a bit overstated when it comes to Agüero btw, he consistently plays nearly full seasons despite the appearance (to me included) otherwise.

As you say and @will24 say, the article is not to be taken serious for a second…even if it weren’t the dailystar.

1 Like

I actually checked his appearances before I posted because I know he’s not some fraud like a certain Frenchman we used to have on our books, but it’s still a cause of concern. He makes around 30 appearances every season in the league which isn’t bad but by missing 8 games you’re talking about a substantial portion of the league - 6-8 weeks can be vital in a winning campaign.

I feels it’s the difference between getting an impressive 20 odd goals or reaching that magical 30 mark that sees clubs like Barcelona/Real come knocking at your door. It seems as though he’s been stagnating at City for quite some time now and is looking for a bigger club to come in for him.

At the end of they day we could always do the deal and replace Alexis with Mbappe, I guess I could live with that.

Lol! I would welcome Aguero with open arms. Still a WC striker on his days.

1 Like

Someone needs to tell this cunt he isn’t a striker.

I don’t think we can sniff at Aguero but he has lost a yard of pace and is a bit easier to defend against. He is less prolific than he was a couple of years ago. He will continue to slow down and get more injuries as he ages and he is 29.

But it won’t happen anyway, City won’t sell to a rival and we’re buying Lacazette and are maybe still in for Mbappe.

Let’s be real, no chance Mbappe is happening.

1 Like

Lacazette will do nicely, really wanted Aubemayang (sic) but that’s over

29 year old Aguero only really got 1 or 2 seasons in him tbh

what about a replacement for Cazorla? any rumours

1 Like

Well it depends if Real actually want him enough to break the world record because they haven’t actually bid according to Zidane’s comment. The Lacazette story probably ends the dream though but with Alexis looking unlikely to stay you never know. I’m still dreaming of Mbappe and Lacazette playing in front of Ozil next year.

18 Likes

Lol!

Feels to me more and more that he will see out his contract and go somewhere on a free next summer.

He seems content enough to stay for one more season and then receive a massive payday from a top European club that won’t have to spend £50m on his fee and can instead invest that into his salary.

He doesn’t need to rock the boat for a move unless he’s absolute desperate (i) to play in the CL; or (ii) to not waste a year of his prime at a club that won’t compete for the major honours.

I’m happy enough to keep him for one more year and see what happens. The money we receive for him if sold this summer will only inflate the fuck out of his replacement. And if it comes down to getting some more money in the bank and getting a lesser replacement OR Alexis for another year, the choice is simple in my eyes.

16 Likes

Post more, Sol.

10 Likes

I agree, although the risk is, if he gets an injury early on in the season, we have thrown away 50m or more.
It also means we are effectively paying a player, that clearly doesn’t want to be here, around 1m a match.

I would sell him and get a similar but younger player with potential in this window, because we all know that to replace him with the same quality is going to cost 100m, and that is unlikely if we are seriously after Mbappe as well.

This. He’s also good enough to perhaps spur us on to greater things, in turn increasingly the likelihood we might be able to convince him to sign a new contract.

I’m fine with playing that game tbh.

We’d need everything to go right on the pitch from the start to get him to consider staying long term I think.

Genuinely the easier way is for a woman to step in, get him away from those canines and basically entrap him emotionally into staying/settling in London/England. He needs a girlfriend.

2 Likes

No quotes, or even mentions of “sources”

But it’s silly season so fuck it I’ll post anyway

It is understood Sánchez’s partner enjoys living in London and may need some persuading to move to the Manchester area but this is not a potential deal-breaker.

I thought he is single still.

his partner is his dogs

We need him to get a girlfriend.

1 Like