Alexis Sánchez

#WengerOut

4 Likes

It’s not about expecting the worst. Being rational it’s just not that likely we keep him.

He is the same who linked Bellerin to Barça, Fabinho to City, Pogba to Barça or stay with Juve etc…

:poop:

1 Like

And the same guy that said Pogba would stay at Juve.

rational ^ ^ dudes a known bullshit merchant. Fear not old boy.

https://twitter.com/FootieWriter/status/872457444676562945

2 Likes

What’s worrying about that statement isn’t that Wenger said, “we won’t sell Sanchez to a PL rival,” it’s that he didn’t say “we won’t sell him.”

To me, this sounds as if he is going to another top European club.

Wenger actually has categorically said neither Sanchez or Ozil will leave this summer. Whether that’s going to happen or not…

Clearly an ITK. Fuck him! :hipster:

If it’s true or not, no one really knows with these “reports”. It be a massive disaster if we did lose Alexis to another PL Club, Wenger and the board are already on shaky ground with half the fanbase, you don’t want it divided more. I personally think he’s still leaving, be amazed if he stays but stranger things have happened.

Yeah. But at the end of the day, if Sanchez doesn’t renew, they’ll throw something like ‘we couldn’t afford to let this 30-50 million pounds slip’ at us.

It really is getting boring already. I’m not saying this to stifle discussion because its obviously of interest and I’m reading every post but none of it matters until either a bid is made/accepted or he signs the fuck on. Any other tweet, story or interview is just noise.

3 Likes

Kicker are matching his wage demands

Sure. But we only have tweets, stories and interviews until football starts again mid-July :wink:.

Kicker are a good source right? @PPB

It shouldn’t really matter what Bayern offer him and us. Even if it isn’t the smart economic move. Europa League > money.

They’re but their reporting Alexis has been offered a €25million salary by Bayern that’s 10mil more than what Lewandowski’s on. Smells like bullshit to me but I could be wrong.

3 Likes

Most reliable football source in all of Germany.

1 Like

Assuming the offers good enough I prefer that we sell him, the Europa League is just not a good enough reason to justify turning down £40m+ and letting him leave possibly to a domestic rival for free next summer.

If you could make a very good case for us winning the league next season then fair enough, but if you can’t you should sell and reinvest imo.

1 Like

Reinvest for what exactly? As long as Wenger is here the gap between us and City, United and Chelsea will remain significant. That is with or without Sanchez joining one of them. Whilst Sanchez is one of two players that does distinguish us from other Europa League contestants. We have been justifying all the economic decisions this club made for the past 10 years. Lets make a decision based on being competitive for once, even if that’s only for the Europa League. Like I said before for a club that has only won the Cup Winners’ Cup and the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and a manager that has had none European success, the Europa League is enough reason imo.

4 Likes