Alexis Sánchez

Talk about swapping a Ferrari for a Fiesta! No thanks

What’s he done wrong in the last 3 years apart from have a coach that prefers Pedro (which wasn’t the case with the previous 2 coaches)? He’s miles better than any of our wide options.

1 Like

I adore willian tbh, but minus the freekicks he is a tier below the Hazards and Alexis’ of this world.

There is no version of events whereby Alexis to Chelses is acceptable. Id go and attend a protest myself if that ever happened.

3 Likes

I’d actually be open to a swap deal involving William and Sanchez.

Care to expand upon that?

I think Willian is an excellent player. He’s an upgrade on all of our wide options. He’s a great team player. He’s very consistent.

I’d definitely be open to that kind of deal especially because I think Sanchez would struggle under Conte. Having both Sanchez and Hazard in the same team would be a nightmare for a manager who prides himself on his team playing together as one unit.

1 Like

He’s average as fuck.

Chelsea would be laughing if they got Alexis for Willian.

2 Likes

In no world is Willian average.

2 Likes

We’d most likely lose a lot of goal threat by swapping those two. I like Willian as a player but I think we should do better in an attacking sense if we were to lose Alexis and still persist with Giroud as our striker.

He’s scored 10+ goals once in his whole career.

He’s good at skills and the odd free kick. Not for me Clive.

So would I if they threw in Hazard as well.

Chelsea fans love Willian to be fair - if only so they can sing “The shit from Spurs, they bought his flight, but Willian, he saw the light. He got the call from Abramovich and off he went to Stamford Bridge. He hates Tottenham. He hates Tottenham.” I reckon we could adopt that song, with a few adjustments to the lyrics.

I would absolutely hate to see Sanchez at Chelsea. But if he insists on leaving, then getting Willian in return would definitely soften the blow.

1 Like

I’m not so sure.
The last time we got a player in return for a world class player going there, was when we sold them Cole and got Gallas in return.
It was clear he didn’t want to take a step down from Chelsea to us, and he caused friction in the dressing room as well.
Sanchez would strengthen the already best team in the PL and would weaken us.
I can’t see how that is anything but a bad move from our perspective.

2 Likes

I think the gap between Willian and Sanchez is smaller than the gap between Cole and Gallas. And Willian strikes me as being more professional. It’s a moot point anyway, he won’t come here, and I doubt we’d sell Sanchez to Chelsea.

Let’s hope so.
I have a feeling our board would sell to the highest bidder, no matter who it was.
We have done it plenty of times before, and to most of our biggest rivals.

I like Willian, but a swap deal with him and Sanchez, well you can’t frame that any other way than a win for them and a loss for us

1 Like

@InvincibleDB10 raised a fair question though, strengthening them with Alexis would be the end of the next few years for english football.

So how could we spin this into any kind of positive?

1 Like

Arsenal fans starting to accept the idea of Sanchez to Chelsea #bigclubmentality

3 Likes

It’s just speculation. A what if. No one should believe it’ll actually happen because it won’t. I might be tempting fate a bit, but I’m starting to believe he’ll stay.

Willian is the kind of quality of player we should be looking to replace Theo with, but in no way would I entertain bringing him in for Alexis.

4 Likes