Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Fixed for you

1 Like

Lacazette, Mustafi and Xhaka and I’m a happy bunny

4 Likes

Still need a right winger with that bunch.
We have no chance of winning anything unless we sign a good right winger.

2 Likes

No Mahrez no party for me.

2 Likes

Dream on buddy.

1 Like

Happiness could come to you at some point over the next 5 transfer windows my friend!

5 Likes

Higuain is gone, and we don’t have much choices left.
What the fuck we are still waiting for? Lyon will give Wenger a price cut?
On the deadline day Lyon or people will give us a bargain deal suddenly??

Just chuck ÂŁ20M on top Arsene FFS. Pull it over the line.

1 Like

Some papers reporting we are going to go back with a take it or leave it offer for Lacazette…

That’s why you’re not involved in the club’s finances.

Yes we are historically ‘right’ with our funds, but when you’re interested in 2-3 players in different positions, getting the right bid for each is imperative. Overpaying £10m can be the catalyst for not signing the next player on their list.

“Take 10m Euro and let us have him!”

“No.”

“Oh okay.”

1 Like

They were talking about £35m…but yeah can see us offering less than we know what they want…he has 3 years left on his contract so they have no reason to sell unless the player really pushes for a move…

Lacazette is the exact type of player I’d think Arsene wouldn’t buy at this point.

Arsene seems really fixated on valuations of players and the valuations of players are exploding this summer. A guy like Lacazette who may have been in the 15-20m price range five years ago is in the 35m price range now.

If we are the kind of club that cannot afford to over spend by 10 million cause that will play havoc with our finances, then am afraid the whole moving to a bigger stadium plan has been a massive failure, an even bigger failure than Arsene Wenger’s last 10 seasons. It’s a seller’s market out there. You pay the asking price or stick to having soup every night.

1 Like

Historically underpaying has been the cause of not signing most players on our list.

I have to admit, my post was mildly tongue in cheek :santi2:

At this stage of the transfer window however, you are likely to get an inflated price.

1 Like

It’s all hearsay…

I can turn that into ‘not overpaying’; phrase it how you want.

And don’t mention Suarez, as we paid the release-clause, or at least the release-clause that Suarez’s agents told us…

If someone has a release clause of £40m, you don’t offer £60m…

Seeing as we spent fuck all last summer we should definitely have an extra ten million or so kicking around in case we need to overpay for one player, right?

If not, where has last season’s transfer budget gone?

That’s not what I said at all.

I said when you are looking for two or three more players, after having already spent £30m+ on Xhaka, every single million counts. Despite the hostility behind Gazidis’ comments, what he was saying was right; Arsenal Football Club cannot afford to fuck up. Unlike Real Madrid and Chelsea and Manchester City, each signing needs to be done with the best interest of club.

I want all of Mahrez, Lacazette and Mustafi to join the club, I really do; but I’m not going to wrap foil around my head, start pointing my fingers and screaming ‘conspiracy’ at figureheads.