Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

League goals scored over the last two seasons: Alexandre Lacazette (48)
Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck combined (48)

(Squawka)

2 Likes

You sure it wasnā€™t ā‚¬32 million and 1 that Lyon quoted?

1 Like

Ye, it really is. The longer the summer goes on, it will make sure that the pressure goes up for Arsenal to significantly improve the offer if AW gets desperate.

Iā€™m not sure what Lacazette really offers, but ā‚¬35m does sound like itā€™s still a couple million below valuation these days and probably canā€™t stand as the only public effort we made at the end of the summer.

The bid is pretty poor considering the market but what happened to Professionalism?

I donā€™t know how football clubs work but I get my clients to sign NDC before anything further interaction.

Edit - NDC, not NOC

Genuinely asking here.
Have they mentioned when we placed the bid?
It could be before West Hamā€™s.

That will work when both parties are willing to sell and start negotiations, but Iā€™d imagine as this is a bid for a player they donā€™t want to lose there was no such agreement in place beforehand and that itā€™s simply Arsenal putting an opening bid forward.

They probably do. but you know clubs, agents, and even the players themselves are not above playing dirty tricks if they think it serves them.

1 Like

Kinda makes sense but still shitty thing to do.

I know the tactic is to either please the fans or get clubs to bid higher.
Still shitty.

1 Like

Twatter reporting the bid is from earlier in the summer.

Whys our bid less than what Lyon rejected of West Ham?

Agreed, but if modern football has shown us anything with regards to off the field stuff, there is no honour/integrity any more. maybe there never was but itā€™s simply more open now because of the internet?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Games played in Ligue 1:

Lacazette:All of them

A bit more info on the striker as we understand Arsenal made a Ā£29.3m offer early in the summer and had no response from Lyon, which constitutes a rejection.

Definitely, but itā€™s probably a solid way to maximize their profit, knowing that Arsenal is desperate to sign a striker and every other target looks to be falling away.

Itā€™s all business when it comes to transfers and youā€™re not going to be given a medal for being nice.

1 Like

Ours wasnā€™t even Ā£30mil they, however, bidded Ā£31m.

We bid less than what Michy Batshuayi was sold for and West Hams bid which was rejcted. Because logic.

To clarify, this bid was a bid made much earlier in the summer.

Guys, guys, guys, please keep in mind weā€™re talking about Wengerā€™s AFC and not a top club in desperate need of a striker-willing to do whatever is needed to fill the gap.

1 Like

Yup one more reason why i am continually hating club football.

The worse thing is for rather than considered as professional & classy, Arsenal come out as naive & idiotic; since everyone has now accepted this douche approach.

Remember when Newcastle made Debuchy listen in on negotiation call.

1 Like

We are naive and stupid to continue to make bids far below the clubs valuation of a player. Therā€™es nothing classy and professional about insulting and degrading offers.