Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

@Aussiegooner :wink:

https://twitter.com/Gibney_A/status/878363263754539009

https://twitter.com/Gibney_A/status/878365344825450496

Time will tell wonā€™t it ? If we do happen to sign him I hope he proves me wrong and is quality scoring 20 + league goals.

Wait until he misses his first penalty for us :joy:

2 Likes

Heā€™s a 28-year-old mostly known for his athleticism, 70m & a 4/5 year contract on (probably) close to 200k p/w for a year of his peak performance, maybe 2 if youā€™re luckyā€¦

2 Likes

You rate Lacazette above him?

I dunno, seems like itā€™s a bit harsh on Auba to put it all down to his athleticism, he would seem to have a lot of qualities and a bit more to him than Laca from what Iā€™ve seen, but Iā€™ve barely have watched either of them so Iā€™m not one to opine here.

To be fair it already has, since August 2014 Lacazetteā€™s been involved in 88 goals from 95 starts in the league.

3 Likes

Not for Arsenal in the Premier League carrying the burden of a big price tag it hasnā€™t, the like of Mateja Kezman had a great goal scoring record also before joining Chelsea.

Auba is probably the better player but Iā€™d prefer Lacazette, ages of our current forwards are already a bit worrying and we have nothing behind them.

Honestly, if I thought either was realistic Iā€™d have preferred a Schick or Iheanacho to Lacazette with larger investment in other areas but as Iā€™ve said previously I doubt City will sell him to us (their refusal to deal without a buy-back already a proving to be an issue for other clubs) and once Juventus got involved Schick was never going anywhere else.

44milā€™s nothing especially in this day and age & Kezman might of flopped at Chelsea but so did Fernando Torres and he tore it up for Liverpool.

Signing Lacazette isnā€™t going to be that exciting really considering we could have easily had him every summer since about 2013 for even cheaper

3 Likes

And considering heā€™s a French Walcott

Sky Sports reporting our talks now as well

https://twitter.com/skyfootball/status/878495927161454592

1 Like

Sky sources mean virtually nothing.

3 Likes

The importance of this deal is quite simply to appease Alexis. If signing lacazette means Sanchez stays, Iā€™m as happy as a pig in you-know-what.

1 Like

If we managed to keep Alexis and Ozil he would be a very welcomed signing. Think he would flourish with them.

Definitely, but without Alexis itā€™ll be Ozil and Lacazette on its own is underwhelming, only slight upgrade on what we have.

2 Likes

Indeed. I said if both stayed :wink:

I donā€™t see how Ozil - Alexis + Lacazette equals a slight upgrade on what we have tbh.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s a downgrade, in that Iā€™d take Lacazette playing as CF over Alexis playing as striker and never being in the actual box.

Obviously Iā€™d rather keep Alexis as left wing or second striker and Lacazette and itā€™d be a lethal partnership with Ozil feeding them.

The casual racism needs to stop, we heard the same with Aubameyang and others. Any black player is ā€˜Walcottā€™, despite having different characteristics.

1 Like

How about Ozil+Lacazette+Lemar-Alexis = Iā€™d take that to the bank and let Alexis overdribble his way into the sunset.

2 Likes