Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

True, however, he can see it as what he likes but the reality is he doesn’t have the most important ingredient to be a CF at a top club at least not as the #1 option.

He also moved here because he would get game time in general, I don’t see him moaning about playing out wide for England.

If Wenger said you’ll get regular game time on the flanks and not as much at CF he may be disappointed but I don’t see him handing in a transfer request or having tantrums.

It firmly puts the Mbappe stuff to bed.

You know your boy is in trouble :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s why I’m saying he should worried if Laca…if he’s fit and isn’t getting a load of minutes I can see him push for a move best summer

If we aren’t getting Mbappe, which has always been a bit unlikely, and we do get Lacazette, at least we will have a decent player coming in before the end of the window.

I’m not sure he is the world class striker we have waited so long for but he is different than what we already have.
I have said for a while I can definitely see this happening.

It’ll be interesting to see who out of Perez Giroud, Perez Welbeck or Perez who will be surplus to requirements and be moved on and sold.

1 Like

We need him for tactical plurality :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Wonder if he will get the #11 and Ozil moves to #10

Hope to God he doesn’t get #9 :giroud3:

This absolute doesn’t mean Mbappe deal is dead. it means we are being proactive.

2 Likes

By showing him that he’s second choice?

Think it’s Lacazette that’s second choice. Reason we are now close to signing him is cause we don’t think we can sign Mbappe

I should have been more clear. I was referring to the proactive thing by bidding for Laca.

1 Like

8 Likes

really isnt a difficult concept tbh.

91 league goals in the last four seasons. Ligue1 or not , they’re decent numbers.

Underwhelming slightly, I wanted Mbappe, yes I’m spoilt, but I’ll welcome him here anyway. Signing Lacazette just doesn’t give an amazing feeling or a statement to rival clubs.

2 Likes

Mpabbe is the dream but surely we put in a bid for Auba as our 2nd option ?

1 Like

Mbappe was never going to happen.

1 Like

If the Lacazette signing is an addition offering a different dimension surrounding Sanchez and Ozil etc it won’t be as bad, if end up selling Sanchez it will be a massive letdown.

1 Like

I don’t think either has anything to do with the other tbh.

I’m not saying they are related, I’m just saying at the end of summer our net result on attacking options is IN Lacazette Out Sanchez, that’s a downgrade in talent for the squad. If we keep all current options and add Lacazette, we still don’t have a world class option upfront but at least we have some good variety.

2 Likes