Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Can see us passing on all these targets, but it does seem incredibly weird that only Giroud is healthy striker atm… Akpom? Sanogo? Walcott? FFS that is a shambles. Akpom looked completely lost against Lens and while that is hard to judge, I haven’t seen anything that suggests he is progressing in a way that makes me confident he will step up to be a legit first team option.

Sanogo - give me a f*ing break. That is just taking the piss and I assume he will be gone (sold/loaned).

Walcott - can’t stand him - seriously, my least favorite Arsenal player since Flamini and I can’t wait until the day he is gone.

It is cruel joke that Gazidis says we can compete for the title with zero WC strikers and only even one decent healthy striker with Welbeck out for months. FFS he should never have said anything - this summer seems to confirm it is complicity all around the top - not chance we compete seriously for title or CL this year or next IMHO.

1 Like

Arsenal are considering a £75m double deal to bring Leicester City winger Riyad Mahrez, 25, and Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, 25, to the Emirates Stadium. (Sunday Mirror)

Heres hoping…

1 Like

After all the whining, Lacazette, Mahrez, Holding, Asano, Xhaka would really be an outstanding window.

2 Likes

I don’t see this happening. I’d love it to be true but it doesn’t make much sense. This is business that could have been done weeks ago. There’s been no dominoes to fall where you would look at these moves and think nows the time that’s what Wenger was waiting for. We don’t have a plan for transfers. If going after these two was the plan we’d have done it already. If Pogba were off to Madrid and Morata coming this way to fund it I’d be more inclined to believe something like that.

Could apply to lots of deals though? I mean if United wanted Pogba they could have thrown money at him and wrapped it up pre-euros or at least soon after. Same for Mkhitaryan who wasn’t even at the Euros.

Really we don’t know what Arsenal have been up to behind closed doors. I think the Mkhitaryan stuff had legs, so it would make sense we were looking elsewhere after that and you never know, we might have been interested in unsettling Higuain until we saw the price and we might have been talking to Madrid about Morata and not come to an agreement.

If there were two deals I could see happening, it would be Lacazette and Mahrez (if the price isn’t too ridiculous but my guess is it probably will be for us). Both good players, both at smaller clubs that could be pressured into selling, both of French origin, both at an age where they’re a solid investment, both capable of fitting into a Wenger side.

Maybe both at the same time might be unrealistic for Arsenal’s spending habits but I have no trouble believing that these two are Arsenal targets.

3 Likes

Thanks for giving me a good slap, all this negativity has got me talking crazy.

1 Like

It could be a few things. Lyon holding out and trading off against Juve and other clubs who ultimately went for other strikers.It could be Arsenal waiting to see if they could get Higuain or Vardy or Mkhitaryan for the same price/less. Bare in mind deals for 2 of those collapsed only in the last month. It could be financing and structuring of a deal, million pound deals are usually more complicated than simply writing a cheque.

Knowing Arsenal our board probably thinks they’ll save a month of wages on buying a player a month later.

I’m not convinced we’re in for him but we could be

I’ve just realized how all of this ends.

The Pogba to United deal is the trigger.

Pogba moves from Juventus to Manchester United. Juventus have to save face and retool the team to play without Pogba. They want a focal point so they buy Higuain from Napoli. This effectively ends the Italian league before the season even starts.

ADL at Napoli is now faced with hundreds of pissed off supporters and a ton of cash burning a hole in his pocket. He knows Sarri needs another striker so he buys Lacazette from Lyon for a lot of cash.

…or maybe the heat has just gotten to me. It’s the third day in a row of 100+ heat index.

1 Like

Breaking | Lyon announce that they have rejected a €35m offer for Alexandre Lacazette from Arsenal.

— Get French Football (@GFFN) July 26, 2016

:open_mouth:

C’mon Arsène, improves the offer!

Wow, you just know it’s everyone at panic stations right now at Arsenal HQ with that bid being revealed.

2 Likes

Probably Arsène will not speak anymore with Lyon. They know how to keep the player: to leak the offer to the social media.
Arsène will not be happy when he will know this.

Yip pretty smart by them. Either they get to keep the player or we bid up, realistically we will never initiate busy with them again I’d imagine.

Ooooooh.

Na he’ll be happy as he now has an excuse not to buy him. :expressionless:

Let’s wait and see if Wenger is serious about challenging this season or not. If we persist we could unsettle laca and force a deal with a better offer. If Wenger clings to his old ways then that just further evidence of failings. If he’s really feeling the pressure to perform he say fuck it and bid to spite Aulas regardless of the publicity

Reports earlier were that the player wanted the move. This shouldn’t change much right?

Why the fuck do we always have to low ball?

We offered less than West Ham’s £31mil bid a little while ago that was rejected! Why can’t we just pay the money required and be done with it?

Hard to see this being salvaged with the info Lynn disclosed now FFS.

1 Like

Reports were we offered 35m euros + Walcott. Lyon rejected saying they were holding out for 32M euros :joy:

13 Likes