Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

That’s what they’ll be calling them here in Spain if the pair doesn’t produce.
:arteta::coq::campbell::bellerin::cristo::gabriel::ozil2::kosc::per::henry::giroud2::iwobi::woj:

Simeone would intense to work with and I wouldn’t say it’s the best league in the world.

Its by far and away the best league in the world, the coefficients over the last 5 years are results based.

1 Like

Yeah their CL results are better, it’s not a better league as PL is more exciting.

2 Likes

I agree I prefer to watch the Premier League but the standard isn’t as good. But then again for all the talk about how exciting the premier league is we have only had 1 good title race in the last 5 years, that being the 13/14 season.

1 Like

That’s it in a nutshell really. La Liga is the best league with the best players but the PL is the best to watch for me at least.

1 Like

I think it really comes down to better marketing and presentation in the PL.

Agreement between Atletico & Lacazette confirmed by the Lyon president.

One striker off the market.

Accessibility due to language it is mostly for me.

1 Like

Scored the Dennis Bergkamp goal last night.

1 Like

We could finish 5th with 75 points so the PL has improved recently.

Yeah it has improved from last years diabolical state, I did say if we maintained last seasons form we’d miss top 4 with a similar points tally. I still don’t think any EPL side is in the top 5 or 6 in Europe though ( Maybe you could make a case for Chelsea)

1 Like

He probably couldn’t have find a better club for himself. I don’t think he’s good enough for Barcelona or Bayern etc.

PL is miles more competitive than La Liga which ultimately makes it the best league in the world.

I think La Liga is the more technical league though.

1 Like

I personally don’t think Griezmann will levae this summer, so it will be really interesting to see how the partnership between these two turns out.

One thing that La Liga has to do is improve the matchday experince. The Premier League has this pretty much to a tee (bar the ridiculous cost of tickets), where are La Liga is certainly behind in this. Don’t expect the backwards leadership of Tebas, head of the LFP, to change this.

Could you elaborate please? No idea how things are done in Spain so don’t know how they’re lagging behind

The competitiveness of the Premier League has been greatly exaggerated.

2 Likes

Yeah shit title races for 4 of the last 5 years if we are being honest. Teams 8th down this year are all below 50 points this season also lol.

Firslty there is an issue with supporters. Due to the ridicolous scheduling of the fixtures, soemtimes you won’t know the exact date that your team plays about two weeks before the game itself. This is especially a problem in the second divsion (in regards to play-offs etc). This makes it impossible for away fans to travel to fixtures, especially if the game is the otherside of the country. When I’ve been to La Liga games I don’t think I can ever recall seeing away fans, except when Real Madrid or Barcelona have been playing.

The silly hours of fixtures also hinder home support aswell. I guess this is in part due to the heat that is unavoidbale.

This article from the beggining of this season sums up the issues pretty well to be honest!

Certain crowds are naturally better than others, just like in the Premier League. Atleti and Rayo Vallecano have awesome attendencies and their crowd make a lot of noise. But the atmosphere is hard to improve when away fans are constantly discouraged.

4 Likes

Bergkamp esque :clap: