Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

We’ll be back to banter era level signings, I’m telling you

Thank god we built this stadium so we can compete with Europe’s elite.

We could have had him at any point in the past couple seasons, as could any big team. I may be wrong but I don’t remember you being a big advocate of signing him, so imo there’s not much point being gloomy about it now because Atletico have been linked to him.

4 Likes

Let’s not confuse Wenger’s frugality/misplaced trust in certain players (Giroud) with our ability to sign players.

Your right I think he’s overrated so I’m not to fussed. Mpabbe on the other hand, that’s the sort of talent that the emirates can allow us to sign to help drive us forward to compete with Europe’s elite :+1:

1 Like

I think he’ll prove out to fit in suprbly under Simeone and alognside Griezmann, not sure if he was ever the right guy for us though.

Seems to me he’d be quitting Lyon at exactly the wrong time but I guess La Liga remains the higher profile competition

1 Like

If we had to play the Europa League next season he would be quite a good striker to get.

1 Like

Not really strange since most top teams already have their strikers, can see some movement from Chelsea and United because Costa may be off to China and Ibra is injured for a while now but they’d rather opt for Griezmann and Lukaku respectively who are both bigger names.

Aguero is another one that will be interesting to see what happens.

See you guys back here on August 28th when we still haven’t signed any strikers. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

:joy:

Goodbye Laca. No CL and even I don’t remember the last time when we have played an attractive football.

3 Likes

Lol

He’d probably come here. The thing it sounds great signing a striker who’s scored 21, 22, 27 in the last 3 seasons. Until you realise he’s only scored 12, 19 and 19 when you take away his penalty goals.

2 Likes

something about him that makes me think he will not work here, i just dont think he is a good enough striker, he is good but more of ‘good striker’ somewhat like a welbeck we need an ELITE striker dont want to replace with other bodies that wont take us further than wwe are now. I just have my doubts about him adapting to the EPL, when we played against him and some of the matches i have seen him play i just dont see the fuss he just doesnt look that great to me.

So bye bye Lacazette.

Getting linked with him every fucking summer is so boring.

1 Like

The modern day Sebastien Frey

1 Like

at least it isnt that utter turd, Kalou.

3 Likes