Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

This would be in par with the Batshuayi transfer. This level type guy is pretty much all that’s available, unless you are just gonna shell out 100m.

People need to stop comparing players who can strike a ball with proper technique to Theo Walcott.

2 Likes

The only reason I’d take Lacazette is because I’m actually desperate for us to sign a new striker. The thought of going into the new season with Giroud as our first choice striker and Akpom, Sanogo and Walcott as alternatives would actually lead me to rip my membership card to pieces and never attend a game at the Emirates until Wenger has gone.

4 Likes

Lacazette is bang average in a poor french league - would rather go for Icardi for that type of cash

How so he has one of the best goalscoring records in Europe in the last 3 seasons and I don’t see nearly anything Icardi does better. I suppose he’s stronger and maybe better at turning with his back to goal. Lacazette is quicker, a better dribbler with better link up play.

Icardi has 47 goals in 88 games in a better league and is 2 years younger - based on that if we were paying the same money I would go for him - think Lacazette has 72 in 173 games

omfg omg fg gf it’s silly money football has gone mad! We’ll be in League One before you know it blowing this money that we don’t have!

1 Like

In a poor french league - not worth 50 mill mate

It’s no use trying to talk sense into these fanatics. These guys all think 200m spent in the transfer window is better than winning an FA Cup, or at least that’s how they act.

1 Like

You need to quit acting like Serie A is a paragon of quality.

Those years are long gone.

The cunning plan was probably to bid for Vardy and presume that the bright lights of London would seal the deal.

Lacazette is one of those players that I always thought “John Cross” category of transfer targets, the kind of rumor that pops up in vapid garbage online listicles.

If we’re actually interested in Lacazette we’re probably locked in a game of chicken with the Lyon board over transfer fees and etc. And we all know how great we are at negotiating with a proverbial gun to our heads. /s

The most likely (depressing) scenario is a deadline day push to get Lacazette done which still leaves us short and probably starting Theo up top for the first few games.

I get this feeling too. Spend the summer seeing who goes where and for what amount. And towards the end, see whose desperate enough for a late move and we swoop in. I honestly thought Lacazette would have moved by now though.

And hell bang in a gew goals, look half decent again, Wenger will be convinced we’re sorted and we wont fucking sign anybody.

2 Likes

Exactly.

But this tactic is for poor clubs with little money, who look at what’s left after all the big clubs have their business done.

Why aren’t we the big club looking to get our business done early and getting the best players?

2 Likes

A good piece on Lacazette can be found here

TLDR: He’s very good.

2 Likes

I want him

1 Like

But, but, but he plays in a poor French league and top teams aren’t in for him.

Surely he’s shit?

You really have no idea do you!

1 Like

Just scored a header against Lisbon, but damn Fekir looks slowwwwww.