Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

If Wenger stayed he should buy in France. FFS! You are a god to most of the french players.

Man, defences get broken so easily in that league.

1 Like

An upgraded Walcott basically. Pace and goals.

Canā€™t see many people wanting Lacazette, considering many on this forum didnā€™t want Zlatan for free :joy:

Definitely think Lacazette is good enough for us, and I wanted him in the summer, but Iā€™d rather an attacking midfielder with goals in him, and keep Alexis at CF. Really think Alexis at CF gets the best out of him, on the left he can be frustrating (especially when a stationary player like Giroud is there), actually prefer Alexis on the right if heā€™s not in the centre, and even then, much prefer him in the centre.

I can see Lacazette going to United. I read that Mourinho wants to proven striker this summer. Can see him buying Griezmann and Lacazette.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t you want Fekir still? Iā€™m really not sure how heā€™s done this season with Lyon but he seems to be making appearances at least.

32 games, 10 goals, 10 assists?

11 goals from open play for Lacazette this season. Hardly an incredible return for a player valued at the money heā€™s been valued at, especially in a weaker league. He would really need to up his game if he came to Arsenal.

1 Like

I definitely wanted Fekir before his injury, no idea how heā€™s doing now, though. @Burgundy is my best reference for whatā€™s happening in Ligue 1 (:grimacing:) and I think he mentioned something about people worrying if Fekir would never be the same?

Think the weaker league line doesnā€™t really run anymore. Some players do better in different leagues and some coaches and managers can get more out of players than other teams.

Take Gabbiadini as a prime example. Has scored more goals in 3 games for Southampton than he did in the 2016 calendar year. But nobody in their right mind would say the Serie A is better than the Premier League.

Or even Martial who completely bulldozed any previous goal scoring stats he had at Monaco before joining United.

I get your point though. 11 goals from open play isnā€™t an impressive return but thereā€™s always a lot more to it that sometimes we have to take into account.

1 Like

Canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen much of him recently but first half of the season there was an obvious difference from the Fekir of 14/15 or the start of 15/16. His explosiveness was a key feature of his game and imo it had taken a hit. There was also accusations of him being a poor trainer (think even Aulas mentioned it), so it could have been that too.

But he ended up having another minor surgery to correct a small discomfort/issue he was having I believe this season so maybe heā€™s looking better since then? Iā€™m not sure.

Letā€™s be honest mate, Alexis is off this summer. Weā€™re going to need a striker

2 Likes

I can see Griezmann joining United regardless of whether they finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th, gonna be so jealous if/when it happens

Meanwhile Arsenal will reap what itā€™s sown over the last few years of the Wenger reign and probably go into next season with a weaker squad (sans Alexis) than we end this one

Nah, I think weā€™re gonna play hard ball with him tbh. Think heā€™ll be here next season.

even Alexis stays we still need a striker tbh.

play perez there he is clinical enough to do a decent job just wenger will not fucking play him and it pisses me off. Even when he does eventually play him he plays him on the wing instead of centrally i really want to see what he can do centrally i think he will be really decent.

Our board running the risk of losing an asset for free ? :open_mouth:

Griezmann is going to stay. I think yesterday he spoke about how he loves the climate in Spain, and doesnā€™t want to leave Atletico.

Expect Simeone to stay and a few more names to get brought in.

Laca and Griez. Good stuff tbh.

Hah, just as the mirror and telegraph put him as our transfer target. If this is true we may run out of summer targets early this time.

2 Likes