Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

Amen to that. They need to show a little ambition. The apparent complacency, in my opinion anyway, is maddening. Why the fuck did we build this giant world class stadium if we aren’t go to at least try to shake up the world? It baffles me. To me anyway, not winning the title would be much more palatable if we at least tried to sign people that would get us closer. Instead it’s the same shit year after year… it’s inexcusable at this point.

3 Likes

The words do matter to me. They piss on us all of the time and tell us it’s raining. If they just said, “hey we know how much money we have but we’re not going to spend it, we’re shooting for top 4 and anything above that is gravy” it would suck, but at least they wouldn’t be mugging us off.

People get waaay too wound up over dog-turd journalism to be fair though. The amount of clickbait nonsense out there, that is clearly just that, then gets even more sensationalised by fans alike is on par with a post-match Wenger press conference after a drubbing.

It’s one big shit show at the moment, club level and on a fan basis.

1 Like

I’ve seldom read a more depressing list of strikers for a club as big as Arsenal. For the most parts that’s the deadline day emergency selection.

8 Likes

Thought the same talk bout scraping the bottom of the fucking barrel.

You Sir, are an eternal optimist. Am a realist, but am not afraid to admit that I too am secretly an eternal optimist. So, I too have a similar feeling but am also already resigned to Wenger doing a Wenger and not buying anyone of any significant importance.

The way I see it, if he does what he always does, this will definitely be his last season cause the unpleasantness will go through the roof, which is good news for us, Or, he gets a marquee signing and things improve, which is again good news. Am hoping the latter happens but you just never know. Old men are sometimes suicidal.

What’s the difference between them saying that and just acting it out? It’s there for all to see. The only thing Wenger/the board could say that would make me feel better is I quit/you’re fired. Anything else IDGAF.

1 Like

Transparency is a pretty important part in public relations. Not vital but it matters to quite a few.

This one looks very unlikely now

So I guess we will just have to settle for Lewandowski.

5 Likes

I think Bayern have been asking themselves why there were no bids yet. They must be really eager to sell him now that the season has started, as they have great alternatives like Julian Green and desperately need the money. €20 million should do it, after all he only is on contract until 2019. But no more than that, we wouldn’t want to overspend, would we?

4 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous.

I’m sure the club would be willing to stretch to €50 million, but not a penny more. For Wenger has decreed this to be the players value.

3 Likes

Probably even 50 million + 1

First, we need to place a concrete and realistic bid to avoid Bayern asking us to fuck off.

The 2nd round of negotiation is much tougher, we have to sweet talk Lewy and tell him that we are an ambitious club and intend to challenge the league title and CL; then offer him a 200k+ salary.
However, I guess Lewy will ask us to fuck off even if Bayern do not.

“we have to convince him we are a club with ambition…”

:laughing:

1 Like

check the Lewy’s thread, some do believe he would love to play for us.

Lacazette has not moved from sky sports top 10 whispers list for weeks! Theres not much news on him joining us as the other rumoured players so why has he not been removed?

Injured for 3 months, they say!

1 Like

Spot on for us, then.:facepalm:

Wow imagine if we did bid like say £45m for this guy only for that to happen…imagine the uproar ‘Wenger spends £45m on a crock that cant even help the bloody team for the next 3 months’ Would be just our luck as well.