Alexandre Lacazette (signed!)

I don’t think I can cope.

There are still strikers good enough to join us, apart Lacazette: Chicharito Hernandez, Andriy Yarmolenko, Wilfo Bony, Gabigol, Domenico Berardi, Jackson Martinez - on loan from the chinese club, Odion Ighalo, Robin van Persie, Stevan Jovetic - Bergkampesque operation).

Gabigol doesn’t look a striker…the other options are depressing (RvP maybe being the best, but he’s probably the one case where I wouldn’t take a player back) aside from Berardi, who I don’t know much about and doubt is available?

2 Likes

I don’t know the player well, but I thought he was more of a wide forward as opposed to a centre forward?

He is a Sassuolo player with option to buy by Juventus. With 30/40M of €, you can take him. Inter were ready to sign him in June but Juventus stopped the deal.

So is he good and if not why isn’t there interest from our side?

Well. Our striker had one too the past weekend. Smh.

Has anyone from Arsenal actually said we’re trying to save money for a striker?

That was what Ornstein and others reported.

Oh… so Twitter ITK bullshit? I don’t believe a word that Ornstien says. He has never said anything that indicates he has a fucking clue what’s going on. I’m sick of the club being held to account over bullshit reporters make up. No one at the club has said anything about anyone specific. They’ve responded to questions about specific players, but nothing of substance or even remotely meaningful. There’s plenty to bitch about as far as AFC’s transfer dealings, let’s not add straw men to the flames as well.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand why it is all of a sudden fashionable to hate on Ornstein. His record is still very, very good.

Later, Wenger himself said he wanted to sign an attacker and a defender. So there’s that, too. It’s not like the club is exactly gonna come out and say precisely their intentions, anyways…

3 Likes

I like Berardi from what ive seen but definitely a 2nd striker, wouldn’t be sure he would perform especially in our side as a 9.

If I remember correctly, Juve did activate their option to buy very early in the window (pretty sure Sassaulo confirmed it) but Berardi didn’t want to move.

2 Likes

I don’t hate Ornstein… I just don’t believe anything he says. I think if you actually scrutinize his record then you’ll see he only reports things that are A) already verified or B) can’t be verified. I like to speculate as much as the next guy, but I’m not going to hold the club accountable for something a reporter said, especially if it’s not corroborated by someone at the club and/or sourced.

Lol wtf? Ornstein only posts when he has concrete news. When he says something it’s legit. It’s an official BBC account!

1 Like

Says who? Who at the club verified this statement? Show me and I’ll concede the point.Otherwise, stop putting David Ornstien’s words into Arsene Wenger’s mouth.

The club doesnt verify fucking anything. It takes us days after the entire world knows we’ve signed a player to even verify that mostly.

It sounds plausible and until we prove otherwise I’m choosing to believe it.

That’s fine. You can choose to believe it. Just don’t hold the club accountable for it.

He only posts when he has news. It’s literally common sense lol. I never said anything about Wenger either :confused:

what makes you think this? Because we aren’t signing anyone else? Who did you think we were getting last summer lol?

The words themselves make no odds to me. Ive always judged the club on its actions. I don’t really give a fuck why the club thinks it’s appropriate to have 200m cash reserves. I just know there’s no justifiable reason for it.

1 Like