Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

This would be good. Ship out him, Wilshere, and Perez and you’ve cleared the wage bill, and have funds towards a really good midfielder. Do it.

Ugh this is annoying. We’ve spent years building him up and trying to get the best out of him. We finally found a great position for him at RWB last season and now we cant get him to renew. I feel like whoever acquires his services from here on in will reap the benefits of our work.

Really want to keep him because as much as people want to put him down, he is a great fit at wing back and has the attributes to excel in that position. Ffs.

6 Likes

It is very annoying, If we end up loosing sanchez ozil and the ox for free in one window as well as mert retiring as well then next summer is going to be crazy, I guess it could mean we will make a signing or 2 in January once we know for sure if they are gonna sign or go

3 Likes

I cant see what would change for him if he went to Chelsea

They play the same system as us and he will no doubt be played out of position. Ok he might challenge for the league and the CL but at least with us he might get the odd FA Cup medal :slight_smile:

Meh, as much as people think that money isn’t a problem we can’t have multiple players worth more than 100m total just move on for free in the same summer. It would be an insane gamble that could easily be the worst piece of business in the PL in many many years.

9 Likes

Oh i dont know, singing no outfield players would be pretty high up there as would signing Park and Sanogo

1 Like

Which is why imo we could see allot of business done. We’re waiting for good offers imo. All of our players on 1 year deals are available for the right price imo. We’ll just raid PSG/Real/Barces left overs

tbh it seems like you don’t have to have much talent to do well in this new rwb position, Moses and the Ox are the biggest examples of this (two failed wingers)

I do agree. We don’t also have a replacement ready.

I don’t know if exist a replacement available for Oxlade.

Very poor decision to sell him to Chelsea, if true, unless of course he’s explicitly stated to the Club that he’s done with us. He’ll only end up as a wide player for Chelsea anyway.

Beyond irritating anyway that we could be strengthening Chelsea’s squad depth with a player I’d ideally keep, whilst Jenks (sorry Jenks), Debuchy and the rest refuse to budge

3 Likes

Yep, we sell the Ox and not these deadwoods :facepalm:

£35m is a decent bit of money for Oxlade. Although it would be worrying to sell him to a rival

We’d probably use Coquelin more often as right back.

Well, alexis isn’t and Özil won’t be sold either and rather relied on him signing a new contract eventually. The same could be happening with ox too if we don’t have anyone to replace him, so that would be 3 players who are worth a lot going into their final year.

If anyone of the others leave, yea we’d have squad spots but it could be too late by then to raid one of the clubs you mention.

1 Like

Oh well, then :xhaka:

Nelson?

I will believe it only if it happens. Us selling Ox to Chelsea doesn’t add up for a million reasons.

-Wenger is stubborn as hell and invested a lot of time in the player.
-Not selling to rivals has become a big line in the sand for the club. Ox isn’t a star but still an important player, especially in the 3-4-3.
-Ox is a guy who loves the footballer’s life off the pitch and being in the public eye. I don’t see him as the type actively looking to antagonize the fanbase by going to a hated rival.
-Ox is also a bit of a goofball who perhaps doesn’t take football seriously enough. Can anybody see him being a good fit with Conte, a maniacally intense manager?
-If he truly does want to go to a club where he can play CM, Chelsea really isn’t the team as Kante is an automatic selection and Ox may be behind both Bakayoko and Fabregas for the second spot.

My guess is that its just a rumor made up out of thin air or leaked by Ox’s agent to try to push forward the contract talks.

You’re assuming Ozil/Alexis aren’t available. For that right price they probably are, the only question is what the right price actually is. Otherwise we’re looking at a 250m replacement bill for Ozil, Alexis, Wilshere and Ox and that’s money we’re unlikely to spend. So if we can get 70m plus for Alexis to fund a Lemar or whoever I’m sure we’ll take it.

1 Like

What exactly has Ox done that Moses has not? If he’s any better then it’s like a 2% improvement to Chelsea’s first XI.

If he won’t sign then fuck him. If we sell and replace him this window it’s another signing we don’t have to make next summer which is what we should be thinking about with so many contracts unsettled.

Seriously if we’re writing off 50m+ for Alexis we should be covering that at least by selling this kind of average player. There’s no reason to scoff at serious money for the privelige of one season of Ox. Alexis, maybe. Ox, fuck no.

16 Likes