Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

by the age of 23 you can tell if a player will turn out decent or not, especially when they have been with you for 6 years. The OX needs to be sold and if Chelsea, City and Liverpool are dumb enough to spend big money on him then sell

No there isn’t.

Top players have breakout seasons when they are teenagers and if not then before 21, he still hasn’t had one yet despite having a decent season just passed.

He will never become a top player and has done nothing to suggest otherwise.

1 Like

I remember criticising Walcott when he was about 23 and I was told he was definitely going to be a great player.

1 Like

There is still time :henry2:

3 Likes

Our very own Peter Pan is a great player in Neverland.

2 Likes

Some players can be late bloomers you know, I think Ox will be one of them

I can think of Ian Wright who fits that bill and that’s about it.

Vardy is the definition of ‘late bloomer’ and Ox is more talented than him. It may be down to mentality.

To be fair Kos, Giroud and Drogba didn’t really hit the high time until their mid-twenties. Di Natale had most of his best seasons after 30as well.

It does happen.

1 Like

Nah, Vardy had one season where everything fell into place perfectly. He’ll never repeat it.

Ribery is a late bloomer.

Liking this game of lets compare Ox to world class players :wenger:

3 Likes

Kosc, Giroud, Vardy are mentioned as late bloomers and not world class players. Ox has the talent to reach another level. It’s down to his mentality really. If he’s aiming to reach a bigger level he will. If he’s satisfied with himself he won’t, simple.

Giroud has hit similar numbers his whole career. I wouldn’t call him a late bloomer, just someone who performed consistently with each step up and kos probably the same. Drogba possibly a fair call and di natale I won’t pretend to know anything about.

I’m not convinced Ox has more in him than the numbers he put in this season.

Wasn’t Kos in ligue 2 aged 23?

Vardy is not a top player, nor is Giroud.

Who knows he could have one great season which I highly doubt which wouldn’t make him a top player anyway, you’ve got to replicate it season in season out and he is not getting there.

Chamberlain will never be a world class player.

Was he shit when he was in liege 2 aged 23?

Can’t claim to know that personally, just saying that some players don’t fully hit their stride till later in life.

Some defenders and keepers sure but forwards and midfielders?

If anything they’re the exception to the rule.

That’s certainly true and we hear enough about players peaking in late twenties to early thirties but it’s different to a late bloomer in my eyes. That’s a player who does something extraordinary and way beyond what they previously produced.

1 Like