Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

He’s in our best 11 in the 3 at the back formation, don’t understand why people suggest otherwise.

7 Likes

With Siggurdson going for 45m. Chambo is worth 60m minimum.

1 Like

TBH Wenger’s position could be to drive up the price.

If Ox and Ozil sign we will be fine. Also LOL. hunger index. Brilliant stuff Arsene.

on if he’ll keep Ox no matter what…
Yes, I have regular conversations with the players where I tell them where I stand and they know what I want and where I stand on that front.

Case closed.

Lol damn thought I was original, people have been making those comparisons since February when Ox was killing it at CM for us

^^^^ fucking spaghetti boy troll :joy:

@Robin_L see people have a short memory, Ox should get a chance at CM when we have a healthy side, he did well when he was thrust into that position with no support, he’d do even better with a healthy squad surrounding him.

2 Likes

Xhaka and Rambo weren’t in-form when i wrote that :hipster:

Oxlade Chamberlain was at times woeful in central midfield last season, from what I witnessed anyhow. I won’t call you a troll for having an opposite opinion tho, I quite enjoy your posting :wink:

2 Likes

Very clearly our best player out there. He created chances time and time again only to have our subpar attacking options fluff them. If anything the attitude about giving his all for the team shows on the pitch.

He seriously needs to replace Xhaka in the middle though. You can see what he brings the team. The once or twice he actually lost the ball he was right back on the defender harassing them and winning it back. Was epic on the couple counter attempts they had as well.

Ox’s stats today:

90% passing
3 chances created
2 tackles
3 interceptions
7 dribbles completed

Motm, needs to be played instead of Xhaka instead of wasted at RWB.

I’m all for finding an upgrade on Xhaka, but as bad as you might want him to be Ox is not it. Him being an upgrade over anyone that isn’t Coquelin midfield is pure fantasy.

He’s still a very frustrating player, his decision making is still terrible at times (early cross Ox moments, stupid shots when he should pass) as was evident today despite, as you say, having some bright moments, and creating a couple of big chances with nice passes.

He’s a vastly superior option to Bellerín in the back 5, though, and as long as Bellerín is playing like this probably in a back 4 too.

Unless he’s willing to be a RB long-term, though, I would gladly sell him for a substantial fee and replace him with an actual RB (even if we can’t replace him, we should probably sell him because it’s not like this season is going to be a meaningful one). He has no use in any other position except for in your soccer fever dreams.

I don’t think anyone in our team can do worse than Xhaka atm. It’s painful watching him get dribbled past like he’s standing still, watching him give the ball away leading to goals. I’d rather Per be playing there right now.

It’s funny you going on about scapegoating when what you are doing with Xhaka is scapegoating in the extreme. Xhaka was terrible today and at fault for the goal and could’ve been at fault for more if Stoke were a better side, but if I’m picking a team, thanks to our utter lack of options, it’s really between him or Elneny at the 6, and Elneny was more at fault for that awful passing of the buck to Xhaka on the goal vs. Leicester than Xhaka was. Chamberlain and Coquelin can and would do worse than Xhaka at 6.

I would be tempted to give Elneny a shot against Liverpool, though, hoping that he would play it extremely simple and cover a bit more ground than Xhaka. I wouldn’t hold out too much hope of him doing a better performance than Xhaka, though, or not having a very poor performance, as Elneny really isn’t very good either and Xhaka can certainly do better than he did today. So in the end it’s really six of one half a dozen of the other for me, both are unsatisfying options in the end.

Except ox has the athleticism and dynamism to be far better than either of those two.

There’s so much more to football than athleticism and dynamism.

1 Like

Exactly. If so, the Ox would have played for Barca instead of Xavi.

As good as those stats are I don’t think it’s worth sacrificing SK and Hector out of position.

Xhaka was garbage today, sure, but I don’t know that Ox is going to be any better in that central midfield position. What we really need someone to play with Xhaka.

1 Like

I think Chamberlain is going to be our best attacking player this season.
I know I said that last season but he seems to have more confidence and if he can just keep up the consistency he showed occasionally last season he could be a great player for us.

But like our other two best players, Sanchez and Ozil, he still refuses to sign a new contract.

3 Likes

Yeah sorry mate but this isn’t happening.

He’ll also never be a great player for us.

1 Like

8th place here we come.

1 Like