Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Bellerin, Chamberlain it’s a thirteen in a dozen anyway. IF we’re going to deploy the funds on a midfielder: sell. Even if it’s Chelsea. Taking a stance now, when damage has already been done the last 10 years, seems nothing but a symbolic gesture which actually means jack shit.

Seems that Arsenal are nearly forced to sell here (if the bid is legit) even if it isn’t very palatable to “help” a rival.

Problem is the poor contract structuring across the squad. Can’t have everyone leaving next season on a free, need to recoup some funds now. Letting Sanchez, Ozil, Ox leave for nothing doesn’t make much sense from a financial standpoint. Cashing in on Ox makes the most sense from a competitive standpoint.

If it helps, Ox very likely isn’t the difference between Chelsea winning the league or not.

Do we really need the money? We have spend 50 million and probably will recoup 20 million by selling Perez and Gibbs. We need to invest now, imo, so that in a year from now replacements are settled in and we don’t have to much to rebuild. If those players are not going to extend.

20 million? Bloody wow! It’s not just about Ox. It’s about the fact that we have a list as long as my arm of players who are out of contract next summer. How will it look and how will it affect us if we have a massive walkout next summer?

Ox is one of the more valuable players on the out of contract list but he is not indispensable like Sanchez is. So if it’s a choice between losing Ox to an English club now for £35m and losing him next summer to an English club for free ( because there is no chance he will go abroad) then I know what I’m choosing!

1 Like

That is why I said in the next sentence we should invest now :wink:, so that in the summer of 2018 we are caught less off guard if players decide to walk. And since our net spend this summer might just be 30 million there should be money available to invest now.

Oh yeah we should definitely invest now. But we should also be selling now. If Ox won’t sign then get rid.

That hunger index!

We should be very strong next season with Cech, Gabriel, Giroud, Monreal, Ospina, Ramsey, Walcott and Welbeck in their last years.

3 Likes

That concerns me tbh there should be a strong mentality to these players that they just are hungry and want to be better and better not just play to get in a shop window or more money it seems to me we have a fucktonne of wasters at Arsenal and wenger cant even see it!

1 Like

Wenger is about to revolutionise football again just when we thought he was finished. He’s going to unleash the hitherto untapped power of a squad full of players in the final year of their contract, and blow the competition out of the water as a result. The hunger index will be off the fucking charts.

13 Likes

It would be great if we could somehow actually make them play to eat. Like literally starve them if they’re shit.

4 Likes

Hunger index > xg

7 Likes

footballs version of the hunger games…i like it, you are shit you have to battle for survival bitches!

If we make the EL final Alexis’ hunger index is going to be like

8 Likes

It isn’t a money need, I just think that it is poor business to potentially lose 3 assets in one summer, when a club is offering (again, if true) a very good amount for a player now. Even moreso for a player that is pretty replaceable nearly any transfer window.

I agree that ideally, we should be getting funds for those two you mentioned plus Ox and getting a top talent for the midfield. Even without the reinvestment angle, it is good business to sell now for Ox.

1 Like

I get your point. But recouping for the sake of recouping (because otherwise they walk) seems a bit needless to me. Unless Wenger is going to invest more heavily (4-5 players) after selling Chamberlain I would like to see the assest being put to work on the pitch.

2 Likes

You know, if we sold the Ox Wenger would say we still have plenty of players who can play in that position.

So this hunger index thingy, does this only apply to players? Cause Wenger has had short 2 - 3 years contracts and that doesn’t seemed to have made him hungrier. Hell, he had his worst season in the last year of his contract. I guess it’s only a player thing after all.

6 Likes

https://streamable.com/w4wip

I can’t see the sense in holding onto Ox if we get an offer like £35m.

1 Like

Neither.

£35m for someone who doesn’t make our best XI is Chelsea-esque business.