Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

just like watching Gervinho

1 Like

I think people are being a tad harsh, he had a better game than Bellerin.

5 Likes

At least Gervinho won a league title. :campbell:

Nowt wrong with Chamboā€™s performance IMO. Have to take into account he is playing in a seriously make-shift position at LWB

3 Likes

Yeah he played very good. Ya know what he didnā€™t do? Give the opposition the ball about 30 yards from goal going all suicide attack and full retard like Bellerin, Xhaka, and Holding all did at one point. He got in the box and put some dangerous low crosses in tbh. Think he definitively deserves to start over Bellerin at RWB when we get either Mustafi or Kosh back and and I really doubt he could be more shit than Xhaka playing CM.

2 Likes

He didnā€™t play very good. He was average and showed many of the same shortcomings heā€™s been known for his whole career. Plenty of athleticism with little end product.

1 Like

I do agree. Hector has just lost his mojo. Probably playing as RWB doesnā€™t help him though.

1 Like

He looked good, which was a bit worrying because it feels like this is what we can expect from him on a good day. Going past players comfortably, composed dribbling, keeping possession, but then the same old shit when trying to do anything with the ball.

Still, he outperformed Bez though and should be playing RWB in the next game at least.

3 Likes

Mannnnnnnnnnnn, I feel like heā€™s gonna be a major talking point this season.

Ā£50m :neutral_face:

1 Like

This has just been postedā€¦

https://twitter.com/standardsport/status/897033480235868161

Good money for a player not willing to extend in his final year and played out of position.

1 Like

But Chelsea?

We are giving them an upgrade or rotation option for Moses!!

We shouldnā€™t be helping them :disappointed:

1 Like

Would be really stupid to go into September with Oxlade unless he renews his deal before then.

Get rid.

2 Likes

I agree if itā€™s a certainty we would get a midfielder back. We gain nothing by selling him.

2 Likes

Too many players look to be running their contracts down, we canā€™t just let them all leave on free transfers.

1 Like

According to Wenger we can. Some would even call it ideal.

1 Like

If we sell Chamberlain and put the money towards Lemar itā€™d be great business. This one looks unlikely now, Monaco certainly donā€™t need the money.

1 Like

We could still make a profit this transfer window yet.

1 Like

Bollocks to sell him. He has been good as wing-back and i am not sure we are gonna buy a replacement.

4 Likes

Like I said. I would agree if they guarentee that money is going towards a player. But if we stockpile that money anyway (which isnā€™t an unlikely scenario), why not use the player?

3 Likes