Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

My answer about his passing abilities lies in the fact I’ve watched every game of his for years and he more often than not he passes to the opposition, the corner flag or provides a shit pass because he doesn’t get his head up and pick a pass.

Laughable comparing this 24 carrot retard to a world class playmaker

1 Like

Yeah but at least their is a slight comparison to be made in their playing styles…

If any of the current English players that can play CM are the English Vidal it’s out of Ross Barkley and the ox

In the same way wilf zaha is the English neymar lol

Hahaha yeh, fair enough I guess. Vidal is one of my favorite CM’s around these days and I think just because he has pit bull tenacity it’s a disservice to compare him to English players.

People need to get this idea of Ox as a CM out of their heads, he couldn’t cut it at right wing and that’s even less demanding than CM. His athleticism allows him to flourish at RWB, sure it’s not the dream but why mess with a good thing.

@BigWeng_4LYFE you do know a true martyr has to die?

1 Like

I dunno I think maybe between chambo, Wilshire and Santi we might just be able to scrape along with just about enough cover for Ramsey but probably not I’m not gonna lie

You can’t show me a compilation of pass, run, dribbling and goals. Real football isn’t youtube, to be a great midfield isn’t to be capable to pass the ball. It’s a question of DICTATE the tempo of personal game and the tempo of the players around you, it’s to elude the opponent tactic even only with a single movement, it’s to have a superior brain than the others, it’s to have a culture.

Chamberlain is rapid, has a great dribbling, has a good shot, can use his body very well, but a midfielder it’s another thing.

2 Likes

He was coasting past players on the wing throughout preseason which is great to see but leaves a lot to be desired when placing him in a far more disciplined role in the centre. I really don’t see where Wenger got the notion from that Ox could be a potential CM when he doesn’t possess near enough the right amount of technical and close footed? ball control you would expect of one pairing in that fulcrum.

Which is why I’d rather give minutes to someone like Nelson who I think can operate far more comfortably on the wing, centrally and more advanced + having a huge advance in age, where he’s likely got a higher ceiling than Alex.

I personally think I would have Ox starting at RWB over Bellerin on what I have seen in recent times, I know some people disagree though.

Hey dipshit you just tried to show me a youtube video to prove ox is a shit CM :rofl:

3 Likes

wasn’t a compilation of his skills but highlights of the game.

Ox if he was groomed could excel in the center next to Xhaka. I added Seri on there oh my what a beast he seems to be, if it were up to me we’d just buy Seri and be done with it.

My best guess would be that most of the numbers he got there are from playing on the wing and not in the center. I know a lot of people are quite fond of his performance in the middle from last season but that was also during our absolute worst spell in which we didn’t win 8 out of 10 games, so there are still some question marks over if it is the level he’d show long term. Ox as of right now could show his worth as a winger/wing back and is probably worth keeping because of that if no upgrade is found but in the long run he certainly isn’t replaceable at all and shouldn’t be kept at all costs if he decides that he’s better than what he has right now.

1 Like

It is possible to get behind the team without comparing terrible midfielders to top class ones, you know. :wink: I know United fans on the whole tend to be a bunch of real insufferable cunts but I am sure there are at least a few who are genuinely behind the team without going so far as comparing Fellaini to prime Xavi.

5 Likes

:joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiyJgMB8YZk

3 Likes

was just the same frustrating player he’s always been, beats his man easily but no end product

I’d take a bag of magic beans for him at this stage.

2 Likes

as long as you don’t climb the beanstalk

1 Like

10 Likes

caught bits of the game and thought he looked good tbh.

5 Likes

You must have only seen the bits where he was running with the ball and missed all the bits where he did fuck all with it.

2 Likes

Yeah pretty much. :smile: That bad then?